Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kissmyne

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
I would say my battery life has improved a bit, though that might simply be attributed to my usage of the "Low power mode"

Performance is definitely more fluid and responsive w/ no lag for me.

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
Ios9 is laggy, and full of mediocre annoying little bugs. Random portrait mode, phone freezing in some apps, camera sometimes takes 2 - 5 seconds before taking a picture. Some apps simply don't open the first try. Most of these issues are very minor, and really don't stand out, but those minor annoyances end up annoying the crap out of me.

The portrait mode being the worse. It's on my 6s plus to, but worse on the 5s.

minato21

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
5s on 9.0.2
Performance is good, opening apps is fast, CC isn't so laggy anymore and neither is spotlight.
Sometimes I get the odd touch stops working bug but that's rare and locking my screen fixes it usually. Battery is okay getting about 11-14 hours standby with 3-5 hours usage (whilst on 3G cellular data)

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
So do you guys regret updating or do you like the new OS overall?

Yes. 5s here.

I'm on 8.4.1. It's just so much smoother. I upgraded to 9.0 by mistake, noticed the atrocious lag, and downgraded (lag is still present on 9.0.2). I was blown away by how much faster 8.4.1 was. The new features aren't worth it if performance is worsened in my opinion.

Listen to who you want and do what you want, but I'm just telling you, upgrading is not worth it.

Reactions: JemTheWire

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
my experience with my 5s (before I upgraded to 6s) was great. It was just as fast, battery life was just as good (and I had great battery life). There is obviously some combination of apps and usage that works great on all phones and some combination doesn't . I don't know who if anyone knows what that combination is but some people have lags, huge battery usage, etc. and some don't. Lucky me I have smooth and great battery life

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
my experience with my 5s (before I upgraded to 6s) was great. It was just as fast, battery life was just as good (and I had great battery life). There is obviously some combination of apps and usage that works great on all phones and some combination doesn't . I don't know who if anyone knows what that combination is but some people have lags, huge battery usage, etc. and some don't. Lucky me I have smooth and great battery life

I did a fresh restore of 9.0 with no apps or content and it was just as laggy and slow as with apps and content.

The same scenario exists with 9.0.1 and 9.0.2.

Reactions: AAPLGeek

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
Please let me know. I'm on the fence.
So do you guys regret updating or do you like the new OS overall?

My experience with iOS 9 is a very positive one with my 5s thus far. I'm finding 9.0.2 in particular to be better than any version of iOS 8, and also from what I can remember, it's on par, or dare I say better, than the last version of iOS 7. Restored clean with iOS 9.0, updated to 9.0.1, restored clean again with 9.0.2.

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I had no battery or lagging issues on 8.4.1. Likewise, no battery or lagging issues on 9.0, 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Overall I do not notice much difference in performance between iOS 8 and 9. I do like some of the added features in ios9 so happy with the upgrade.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I like iOS 9(.02). No significant issues at all. Battery life has been about the same as on iOS 8. Apparently, your mileage may vary, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.