5s reboots itself randomly

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by geeshiet, Oct 14, 2014.

1. geeshiet macrumors member

Happened to me three times. iOS 8.0.2 5s

Any thoughts?

2. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

The only options you have:

1. DFU restore by downloading a fresh 8.0.2 ipsw file (set the phone as new)
    2. Do a hard reset (set the phone as new)
    3. Wait for 8.1 software update which should be available to us within a week.

3. geeshiet thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply buddy, and i've already tried options 1 and 2, both didn't resolve it. It might be an Issue within 8.0.2.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

IOS 8.0.2 working fine on my IOS 8.0.2, aside from some of the known minor bugs.

5. tyler928 macrumors member

This has happened a few times to me on my 6 Plus with 8.0.2. Goes to the white screen with black Apple logo for a few seconds, then back to normal, not a complete reboot. Probably just a bug.

6. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I had a few resprings under 8.0 and maybe 8.0.2 when using Safari. However, 8.1 beta 2 has been solid in that regard. No resprings so far.

7. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Off subject just a bit but have you noticed the background on the reset screen matches the bezel color? When I get the respring I have a black background with a white logo on my space gray phone.

Anyhow. A reboot here and there has been needed manually. I would take an auto reboot. I could save some time/effort. I'm joking a little and hope too 8.1 cures a few things. Mostly happy, just ready for the next update.

8. tyler928 macrumors member

Well, I do have a white bezel, so funny that it does in fact match the background. Never thought about it before.

9. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

What's the reboot look like?

If it simply displays the Apple startup logo and then switches to the lock screen a few seconds later (i.e. respring), it's probably a software bug.

If it display a blue screen and then boots up slowly (kernel panic), the it could be an iOS bug or the phone might be bad. You'd have to check the diagnostic logs (viewable on the phone in the Privacy area or on a PC/Mac after syncing with iTunes).

10. kingdom23 macrumors regular

I have the same problem on my iPhone 5. Random resprings - black screen with white Apple logo.