5s screen and home button not functioning

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by servido, Oct 5, 2015.

1. servido macrumors newbie

About a month ago my girlfriend's home button simply stopped working. She's just been using that virtual home button as she's not had time to go to a store. Yesterday the screen stopped responding to touch events. The problem is, we can't even hard-reset the phone since the home button doesn't work. And you can't slide it off since the screen is not responding. She's taking it to the Apple store today but they have no appointments available till Wednesday. I'm hoping she can get some help.

I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any suggestions? She really needs access and is in panic mode. She is in a real bad bind as her computer is in the repair shop at Best Buy. She's not real keen on technology right about now.

Can I hook her phone up to my macbook and back it up and then restore it? Any other tips? I have never heard of the screen and home button both failing.

Thanks for any feedback.

2. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

Even if you plug into iTunes, I think you would need to tap "trust this computer" before being able to back up the phone. Maybe just let the phone run out of battery to force the reboot once charged again?