5S screen smudge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Does anyone actually manage to not have smeared greasy smudge stains on the screens ever?

Quick question:
    Is there anything to coat the screens with that can stop it looking like that, that I don't know about?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

No you just take a few drops of water put it on yr screen and rub with your shirt. I don't think there's anything to put on the screen to stop it.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

a screen protector might limit it but just try to not get greasy stuff on your phone screen. i hate when my screen is greasy!

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

I don't even use water. Just a small cloth and wipe = Done

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Mine doesn't usually look bad. I also wash my hands a lot, I'd go as far to say I'm a little OCD about it.

The screen has an oleophobic coating from Apple that resists some smudges and fingerprints. I'm not sure if there is much else you can do.

6. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Weird. Seems to be worse than my old 4. I do really wash my hands a stupid amount of times but I don't think that's relevant as every time I look down its horrible. But.... Only when screen off and dark. Not noticeable when using phone. But you guys must get same thing and end up wiping on sleeve/jumper/cloth most of the time. Never used protectors actually. Was more thinking of those cloths or sprays that detract dust and if there was something similar for smudges. Microfibres don't work but just clean at the time.

7. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

I can see the future now

"I was cleaning my screen and I dripped water into the ear speaker and now I can't hear anyone"