5s shipments?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcphillips12, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tcphillips12 macrumors newbie

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but from my understanding, many of you have been waiting for over a month to receive your 5s in the mail. The Apple store still shows a 2-3 week shipment date, but on the Verizon Wireless website, one of the models (silver/16gb, to be exact) showed that it would ship by 10/28 (tomorrow) and the absolute latest shipment date (I believe) is 11/11, which is about two weeks, and all devices receive two day shipping.

How is Apple on a short supply of their own product? I ask because I am about to order a space grey 16gb model and didn't know if the info Verizon provided was 100%.

Sorry if the answer is simple - I suppose I am just clueless.

Thanks.:apple:

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Why ? Possibly because people go on the Apple site more often to make a purchase over the Carriers site. Apple sells all of the carriers, and the carriers only sell their own contract iPhones.

3. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

You could just call a few Verizon locations.. I don't know where you are located but there are a number of stores around me who have the 16GB and 32GB in stock in multiple colors. Obviously not gold.

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I'm impressed. It only took 12 days to ship my gold 5S. You have a good shot at 1-2 weeks if you order 32-64GB.

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Even though the site says 2 to 3 weeks before shipment, mine said same thing, but was shipped approx 2 weeks earlier than the 3 week posting. Depending on color and GB chosen, you may get it earlier than what is shown.

6. DiscardedPacket macrumors member

Mine shipped 2 days after ordering.....

I have it now and am still waiting on my Spigen case which I ordered at the same time, LOL. Its been 7 working days and no confirmation email from Spigen.....

7. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

Yeah don't order from apple unless you're getting like a 32GB or 64GB model (stores don't restock on those very often - and usually sell out within a week of launch). To be honest Almost every carrier store has at least 4-12 models of 16GB phones. The guy I talked to yesterday said they get new shipments every 2-3 days. After the first 2 weeks of launch, if you don't already have it, it's always best just to buy from your carrier.

----------

Yeah you might want to check on that. The 5-6 times I've ordered things and never received a confirmation email that means the order didn't go through for some reason. Even though the website told you it did.

8. M87 macrumors 65816

Ordered a gold 32GB on the 25th, shipped today, UPS says 31st delivery.

9. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 68000

from where ?

10. DiscardedPacket macrumors member

Just received a confirmation email & shipping details. They also sent out an email apologising about the wait times and that they will be sending a gift voucher with the delivery....

11. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

Lmao, oh very nice then :p I'm just saying that's literally never happened to me before. Also pretty much all those confirmations are automatic so it's not likely they'd notice if you didn't get one - but behold; you did :D

12. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

Hope to see a shorter waiting time than the estimated 2-3 weeks. Just ordered today, 32GB space gray! At least it isn't as popular as the gold models..

13. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

if apple can't ship their iPhone 5S on time and if they continue to hold on to their 2-3 weeks shipping, i guess Samsung will eventually sell more than 85 mil phones. As per this ARTICLE Samsung had about 31.4% market share compare to Apple's 13.1 (down from 14.4% last year). if this supply issue continues then they will loss more market share. don't get me wrong as i do like Apple products but i am getting tired of this iPhone's supply issue. can't even buy the iPhone 5S that i want. i don't want to wait 1 month, 2 months or more just to have it.

----------

this is so sad as Apple, a month after their launch day, can't even fulfill our orders. and we can't even order the iPhone 5S that we want unless you wait for months.

14. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

That's true, but you know what they say: good things come to those who wait! I'm actually switching back from android to iOS because what a mistake it was. The Play Store simply cannot compete with Apple's ecosystem. And who cares what the android flagships' clock speeds are and how many cores they have because software has to be rewritten to take advantage of that and at the mean time, not many devs optimized past dual core (source: Anandtech) and that's why apple stuck to dual core to save power and the chip leverages on iOS software instead on some bs Qualcomm chip that every other company is using.

I'm happy and excited to be diving back into apple's ecosystem again. Heck, drown me please :D

15. ABC5S, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Not true at all.....

Ordered mine last week via Apple online and now on its way for a Monday delivery. Months ? Give me a break. It maybe a week or two but not months.

By the way, Apple is doing just fine in sales and will continue doing so. We here these doom and gloom all the time on this forum and for years. Nothing has stopped Apple from selling million upon millions and they have not gone under. Give it a break would you.

Attached Files:

16. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Apple really gotta fix this supply problem.

2-3 weeks to get one online and my local store doesn't have any stock in.

I'll give it another week. If they still don't have any 5S in then it'll be an S4 or 5C for me.

17. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

Persistence pays, guys. I kept ringing my local uk stores every day asking if they had 64gb silvers. The second store that I rang today had none in stock but hadn't had their daily delivery and so I took a chance and wondered in to the store an hour later and incredibly they have just had a delivery and had 64gb solvers so I am happy.
    You will get what you want. You just have to keep.chasing

18. m3nphls macrumors member

I ordered 1 5S 16 black and 1 32 black which shipped within a week. I ordered another 16 Gold on monday 28th and it shipped the next day. All of them ordered through VZW full price.

19. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

Did you guys initially got 2-3 weeks estimate but ended up getting the phone much earlier than the eta?

20. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Yes. Mine shipped two weeks earlier than the 3 week estimate