5S to 6 Plus - trouble handling the new phone, not enough grip.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mhaniff, Sep 29, 2014.

1. mhaniff macrumors member

Hey everyone

I ordered the 6+ on Saturday mind you I never went to the Apple Store to see the device physically. I was blown away by the size of the plus when I picked it up, it's gigantic I would of ended up buying the 4.7 If knew before hand. I can firmly hold the plus in my palm but it doesn't seem to have enough grip for me using it in landscape and portrait mode maybe Apple made it a little to thin physically?...would buying a case resolve this? I never used any cases on my previous iPhones.

2. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Case helps 100% and give it a few days and you will be in love with the screen size....trust me.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Case makes a huge difference. I have the Apple leather one. It gives excellent grip, almost feels like rubber :)

4. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Take it back if it's too big for you. You should have tried it out before buying at this point. There is a learning and muscle memory curve to enjoy this size after a much smaller phone - it takes a few days. That is all.

5. TRC-WA macrumors regular

6. mhaniff thread starter macrumors member

Another thing...is anyone able to use their plus with one hand? Dial numbers, replying to texts stuff like that. I Can't use this phone with one hand or maybe I have to adjust to it.

This is the case I ordered.

[​IMG]

7. MikeeV9 macrumors member

This bumper helped me out a lot...

http://amzn.to/1ywHS4q

8. Big Dookie macrumors member

It feels odd at first, but give it a chance. Even without a case on it, you get used to the slicker metal texture and how to hold it correctly without feeling uncomfortable. It's an adjustment. Just like going from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5, this will take some getting used to as well. Once you do adjust to it though, you'll never want to go back.

9. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

The silicone case from Apple makes the phone beautifully grippy and comfy in your hand. Give it a try.

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

11. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

I vouch for the Apple leather cases. They had grip to the pluses.

12. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Look at the Sedio Surface cases. They are very thin and add no bulk yet have a rubberized coating for better grip. Kinda like the black rubber coating on my Thinkpads.

14. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Another 5S owner here, and I know what you mean (OP). Still on the fence regarding 6 and 6 Plus. The 6 I can just hold like my 5S. The 6 Plus I find myself holding it loosely and kind of sliding it up and down in my hand to reach everything.

15. apple.snapple macrumors regular

I was, literally, 3 hours from taking back the 6+ when my Apple case finally came in the mail. It changed EVERYTHING. I can hold the phone more confidently then I could before. 1000% difference. Perfect phone now, IMHO.

16. eric.john macrumors member

Completely agree. Took me a couple of days..