5s touch id trouble.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OG Style, Sep 5, 2015.

1. OG Style macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5s that needed the motherboard replaced and I don't have the original touch id for it. Is there anyway to program the button. I can jb it if needed.

Thanks

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You don't need the original Touch ID button there not matched components. You may need to do a dfu restore though

3. OG Style thread starter macrumors newbie

The home button itself work's but the fingerprint scanner doesn't. I read people saying that it would brick the phone. Are you sure that dfu will work? I really don't want a paper weight. This phone was at the wiped and ready for setup when I put the new touch id in.

Thanks

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Check the connector is seated correctly and no damage is present on the cable.

A dfu restore will not brick your phone unless it's an iCloud locked phone.

5. OG Style thread starter macrumors newbie

I put it in DFU mode and did restore and update. The phone updated fine but the touch ID still won't work. I have also had a few blue screens, random restarts and the battery capacity display will not change unless you restart the phone. I checked the connection and it is fine.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I would say you have a dodgy logic board for a start and possibly the Touch ID is dodgy too.