5s Touch ID vs 6 Touch ID - is there a difference?

Mams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2016
Although the 5s and 6 use the same first generation Touch ID sensor, is there a difference in the speed and accuracy between the two models?

If so, won't the SE also give an improved experience over the 5s Touch ID - although it won't be as good as the 6s second generation sensor?

Anyone?

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
i find the sensor in 6s is too fast. when i want to check time, i always press the home button once. but with 6s, it goes right into the homescreen because it's too fast. so i have to press the home button on the edge using nail. and to check time using the power button is not convenience. i wish the SE's touch id sensor is about 70% speed of the 6s. that would be good.

Comment

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Although the 5s and 6 use the same first generation Touch ID sensor, is there a difference in the speed and accuracy between the two models?

If so, won't the SE also give an improved experience over the 5s Touch ID - although it won't be as good as the 6s second generation sensor?

Anyone?
They made some enhancements but noting like the jump to the 6s reader

Comment

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
From technical notes hat I've come across, the iPhone 6 Touch ID has a higher resolution sensor, which means it should in theory be more accurate. But I can't find the source to confirm this.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.