5s touchscreen slow to respond after unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jftx77, Oct 3, 2013.

1. jftx77 macrumors newbie

Oct 3, 2013
    Have a question for those who have a 5s. I don't know if I'm crazy...when I unlock my phone either via touch ID, passcode or no password at all the screen when you try to swipe it will not move for about 1.5 to 2 seconds, is that normal? Kinda like it is in sleep mode and has to wake up to respond. After the initial couple second delay it responds normal. I tried rebooting etc and it still does the same thing. Before I go to apple thought I'd ask if it is just normal for iphones to do this.

2. gCloud macrumors 6502a

Mar 9, 2012
    United Federation of Planets
    No not normal. Restore and setup as new if still the same, return.
  3. coorspate macrumors regular

May 20, 2006
    Mines been doing this as well. Not always but when I unlock into some apps. I don't know if it's normal or not.
  4. 3lite macrumors 6502a

Nov 7, 2011
    That has to do more with iOS 7 than the hardware. I have the same issue on the iPhone 5 at times.
  5. jftx77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 3, 2013
  6. jdlorinser macrumors member

Jun 20, 2010
    Its definitely iOS 7. The engineers over at Apple seem to think its ok for us to wait a second or two after the animations stop before we can get a response from the screen.
  7. coolio93 macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It's an iOS 7 issue and is present on all iphone models from my experience. I really hope they fix this....
  8. FlyUnlock.com macrumors member

Jul 2, 2013
    Yeah, AFAIK it should be fixed soon. Just report it to Apple to speed up the process.
  9. Romans88 macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2013
    Same problem. IOS 7.0.3 still the same slow response. So any solution?