5S Unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Statelymwhite, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Statelymwhite macrumors regular

So yesterday I sit my phone down for a few minutes, and when I picked it up and hit the home button, nothing happened. I tapped the home button a few times, then pressed the power button at the top, and nothing. The battery was at about 80%, so it couldn't have drained that fast. None-the-less, I plugged it in to charge, and still nothing.

Thinking my phone had just up and died, I pressed the home and power buttons together for a few seconds, and then heard the sound of the shutter (desktop photo, I guess), then the phone went to the passlock screen and the phone has been fine since.

Very odd. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. shawndc1 macrumors regular

yea, with my 4s a few times before i got the 5...i guess you just have to do as you did and hold the power+home button together...this has happen to me about 3-4 times

3. Statelymwhite thread starter macrumors regular

4. cs0373 macrumors member

I had this happen probably every other day or so. I turned off touch ID and it hasn't happened since. I found a forum where that was suggested which sucks because I really like that feature. I just updated to 7.0.6 though so maybe I'll turn it back on and see if I still have problems. I had also done a restore from new previously which did not correct the issue.