5S vs 6 Plus Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by terrapin1969, Oct 1, 2015.

1. terrapin1969 macrumors newbie

terrapin1969

Thing is, I own both devices - I generally and easily swap between the 2, just depending on my "mood". My 5S has a scant 16GB of storage while the 6 Plus has 64. As a guy, who doesn't carry any type of "man bag", I truly have found the 6 Plus to be HUGE in the pocket - It's cool when I'm using it, but throwing on a pair of jeans and trying to cram that monster into my front pocket is almost a chore. I find myself, more often than not, sitting at the bar and having to leave the device on the bar at all times - Pain the....

But maybe I just need to get used to it more? Is it something I should TRY to get used to - ie. is the 6 that much better than the 5S sans the obviously internal memory advantage?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

I went from a 5c to a 6+ and experience the same as you - tight fit in my pocket. However, the screen size on the 6+ more than makes up for any inconvenience with carrying it. I'm at the age where I need reading glasses to see the screen so the extra 1.5" really helps. No problem for the ladies, they just stick it in one of those giant handbags like my wife carries around with her. :rolleyes:

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I generally wear cargo jeans. Big side pocket, big rear pocket. 6+ and now a 6s+. Fits comfortably and the hammer loop keeps the phone contained in my side pocket when I sit in places where I don't wish to pull the phone out. Except for extremely rare instances I never put the phone in a front pocket. Too much metal in those pockets.

Other than that it sits in a business card holder at work or at home.

No issues for me.