iPhone 5s w/ Cydia won't show downloaded and installed AppCake Apps (8.4)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fsociety00, Jul 21, 2015.

1. fsociety00, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015

fsociety00 macrumors newbie

fsociety00

I recently restored my 5s from 8.1.2 to update to ios 8.4. I then used the Tai G method to JB 8.4. I added AppCake to Cydia's source list. All apps download and install without issue, but the icons never appear with all the other apps on the home screen (or any other screen for that matter).

How can I fix this?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Piracy discussion is not allowed here.
    Please refrain from asking such questions here.

3. dembu19 macrumors member

dembu19

I think you have to restore and jailbreak again. i had no problems.

4. dembu19 macrumors member

dembu19

Why piracy ?

i use it to install old versions of programs I bought or got for free from appstore, like facebook or older sygic, which works better. For example old facebook has still bultin messanger so I don't need external apps.

5. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Well AppCake isn't needed to install older versions of you have the proper signed IPAs. Just install AppSync and use iFunBox.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Because it says it in the rules you agreed to when you signed up to use this site. That's why.

https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201265337-Forum-Rules#nottodo

7. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

interesting.....this thread is still open :eek:

8. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I do I use ifunbox to download old versions of apps from AppStore that worked better before the updated versions. Can I do this directly in my phone? I have an iPhone, iPad and pc that uses windows 7. TIA

9. dembu19 macrumors member

dembu19

What's about jailbreaking then?

"Apple strongly cautions against installing any software that hacks iOS. It is also important to note that unauthorized modification of iOS is a violation of the iOS end-user software license agreement and because of this, Apple may deny service for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that has installed any unauthorized software."

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There is nothing mentioned in the MacRumors site rules prohibiting the discussion of jailbreaking itself.

Further, under the DMCA there was a three year exemption for jailbreaking granted in 2012 that makes jailbreaking your device legal. And if Apple wants to void your warranty they have to prove that the jailbreak actually caused a condition that exempts them from honoring it.