5s Will Not Auto Connect to Wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayinla, Sep 26, 2013.

1. jayinla macrumors regular

My new 5s is having problems auto connecting to my home wifi. When I go into wifi settings it shows connected with a check mark but still shows LTE in status bar. The only way to connect to wifi is to toggle the on/off switch a few times. I have tried resetting network setting and that has not worked? Do you think it's an ios7 issue or a problem with the new phone? My ipad on ios7 connects automatically to same network with no problem.

2. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Have you tried resetting Network Settings? Settings App - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Some times that or just a good hard off and back on after setting up a new phone is needed.

3. jayinla thread starter macrumors regular

Hi have tried resetting the network settings and it did not do the trick. In fact, after I reset then went into wifi and entered my wifi password, it shows connected in settings but it's not. I again needed to toggle wifi on/off to get it to really connect. Really strange behavior.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

5. perinox macrumors newbie

6. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

It's a long shot but it has helped others before. If your network name is something common, or the default, like "Linksys", Netgear, etc., change it to something unique, like John1978 or similar. Report back if it works.

7. perinox macrumors newbie

This is not the problem unfortunately.
    Here the issue might be hardware. I guess something related to the wifi antenna or the antennas controller, that goes nuts in some particular situation...
    I'm going to ask for a replacement of the device.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Are you on the latest public version (iOS 7.0.4)? If you restored your data to it does it have the problem if you restore as new (not restore your backup onto it)?