5th gen battery replacement - worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by garya73, Mar 14, 2017.

1. garya73 macrumors 6502

My 5th gen is having issues. One moment it will show that the battery is around 80% and then the next minute I get the 20% warning and it dies not too long after that.

I usually have it plugged into my car stereo so this doesn't matter, but at some point I would like to use it by itself and obviously it's not going to work with this issue.

My question is - is it worth it to have the battery replaced, or should I just buy a 6th gen? Mine is 64gb and I have 6.5gb free. If I would upgrade I would get a 128gb for future proofing.

2. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

With the Additional memory and the cost of the battery replacement, you can find some fairly good sales on the 6th GEN iPod touch. I would just upgrade if it was me.

3. Reno Raines macrumors 6502

Go with the 6. It is much faster and less laggy. I had a 5 and upgraded to a 6 and saw a much better performance and user experience.

4. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

The 6G does indeed have superior performance compared with the 5G. I have both. However, it will not solve all of your battery life concerns. For details, search for battery life issues with the 6G on this forum.

5. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Not worth replacing the battery. But wait a couple of weeks to make sure the 7G is not released with the new iPads.

6. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

Didn't happen. Sigh.

7. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

8. garya73 thread starter macrumors 6502