iPad 5th gen Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jordans2232, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Jordans2232 macrumors newbie

what other specs are you guys aware of that would make this a better unit than my 3rd generation besides the thinner model?

2. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

Maybe a fingerprint sensor. But no one knows for sure

3. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

There have been no spec's that have been released - so only people directly working on the iPad within Apple will be "aware" of the specifications. There have been plenty of rumors though. You can just scan the headlines in the forum over the past two weeks and that will get you a rundown of everything people are thinking about.

4. maxosx macrumors 68020

Lighter is the one benefit that's a deal maker for me. I carry it along with my MBP, so less weight is a compelling reason to replace my iPad 4. Yet if it has a fingerprint sensor I'll never buy another. There's too many other choices.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

7. oaktree macrumors regular

Do you mean you'll never buy the new iPad if it has the fingerprint sensor, or you'll buy the new iPad with fingerprint sensor and then never have to buy another iPad again? And if you mean you won't buy the iPad if it has a fingerprint senor, could you clarify? I'm just wondering why it would be a negative. Thanks.

8. ZipZap macrumors 601

I doubt the lighter aspect will amount to much. Needs to be under 1/2 lb to even begin to reach the right weight.

9. kristalsoldier macrumors regular

kristalsoldier

I have been looking (as part of my research leading up to my purchase of the iPad 4 very recently) into the rumoured iPad 5. While I have read a lot of pieces and posts on the specs of the iPad 5, I have never actually come up with any information (attributable to an official source) as to whether or not there will actually be an iPad 5 this year. I know that Apple likes to keep its cards close to its chest in these matters, but then I wonder - are all these speculations just based on Apple's release cycle and nothing else?

10. rabsitey macrumors newbie

good info. Needs to be under 1/2 lb to even begin to reach the right weight. thanks[​IMG]

11. robertpetry macrumors 6502

Lol. You are so full of it. That must have been a sarcastic answer.

So the iPad needs to drop almost 3/4ths of its weight to be the right weight for you? It needs to be 26% lighter than an iPad mini?

You are going to be waiting a looooong time. Get an iPhone.

12. maxosx macrumors 68020

I've used fingerprint sensor equipped ThinkPads at work for several years, its convenient, secure and I trust Lenovo.

Conversely Apple has avoided using fingerprint sensors on MBP'S for ages. Yet now that iPhones have GPS, and are ideal tracking devices suddenly Apples excited to put fingerprint sensors on them. I don't like it and I don't trust Apple.

Any iPhone or iPad they add a fingerprint sensor to, I'm not buying.

Besides they procrastinated so long failing to build a 7" mid size tablet, they drove me to buy one from Samsung since after having a Kindle I knew it was the ideal size for traveling with me. What that experience revealed was how good Android became on tablets. Thus when the Nexus 7 was released last year and Apple still refused to build that size, I bought a Nexus 7 which was even better than the Tab's I had.

Finally Apple releases the iPad mini, I buy one, but get screwed for an extra $100 more than my Nexus and the iPad has a low resolution crappy display. Don't get me wrong I am a huge Apple enthusiast that's spent tens of thousands of dollars with them. But the direction they're headed does concern me.

13. ZipZap macrumors 601

My point exactly.