Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garya73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2013
Delaware, USA
My 5th gen 64gb started acting up about 2 weeks ago. Hardly any artwork is transferring from my computer to the iPod. It was all syncing before just fine. Some tracks are not syncing as well.

I did a restore and resynced and it is still the same. My next thought would be to delete all the songs off the iPod and then resync all of them, but I have over 10,000 songs and that will take a long, long time. Last time I did it I was having issues with all the tracks syncing, so I took someone's advice on here and synced by genre, and everything transferred. Everything I added from that point up until about 2 weeks ago also synced fine, and then it decided it wasn't going to sync 72 songs, including some tracks that I have had on the iPod since I got it.

I am on the most recent versions of iOS and iTunes.

I plan on updating to iOS 10 when it comes out next week. I am hoping that doing that will fix my problems.

Any thoughts or advice? I was thinking of upgrading to an iPhone 7+ since they now have a 256gb option, but I would like to try and hang on to the iPod since it works great otherwise and I kind of like the idea of having a separate media player and phone (I have an Android phone).

Thanks.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
My 5th gen 64gb started acting up about 2 weeks ago. Hardly any artwork is transferring from my computer to the iPod. It was all syncing before just fine. Some tracks are not syncing as well.

I did a restore and resynced and it is still the same. My next thought would be to delete all the songs off the iPod and then resync all of them, but I have over 10,000 songs and that will take a long, long time. Last time I did it I was having issues with all the tracks syncing, so I took someone's advice on here and synced by genre, and everything transferred. Everything I added from that point up until about 2 weeks ago also synced fine, and then it decided it wasn't going to sync 72 songs, including some tracks that I have had on the iPod since I got it.

I am on the most recent versions of iOS and iTunes.

I plan on updating to iOS 10 when it comes out next week. I am hoping that doing that will fix my problems.

Any thoughts or advice? I was thinking of upgrading to an iPhone 7+ since they now have a 256gb option, but I would like to try and hang on to the iPod since it works great otherwise and I kind of like the idea of having a separate media player and phone (I have an Android phone).

Thanks.
I don't know about the syncing issue but the 5th generation iPod touch does not support iOS 10. Unless it's a 6th gen (which looks similar) you won't be able to install it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.