5th Generation: Broken Microphone or Software Glitch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 53kyle, Sep 11, 2013.

1. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I updated to iOS 7 GM yesterday and now my iPod's microphone is totally dead. I first found this out when I went to use Siri and it sat there with an extremely active "sound wave" and wouldn't even acknowledge that I spoke by saying "I didn't understand" or something, so I investigated. I opened voice memos and pressed record. Even while in a silent room it acted like there was a loud noise and when I listened to the recording all I heard was white noise. Video recordings have the same static. My final test was to FaceTime my sister and guess what? THE SAME STATIC! Is this a known bug or hardware issue or what? It would be nice to get help before the 18th when I can bring my iPod into the apple store and have it tested.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

3. Jelliess macrumors newbie

My mic after updating onto 7 GM works well. tested with Siri, it does do my command.

Hard reset would be able to help you out.
    After installations, device rebooting is recommended.

4. defunct32 macrumors regular

Similar problem here?:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1630035

Seems like it could be iOS 7.

5. Ghostbusters macrumors regular

As defunct32 has pointed out, this seems to be an iOS 7 Beta glitch. If you want your microphone to work guaranteed, I suggest you either revert back to the current stable iOS 6 release or be patient for the official iOS 7 public release.

6. 53kyle thread starter macrumors 65816

53kyle

7. fullysickbro macrumors newbie