5th MBP Problem: Will Apple give me a new machine?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sabor, Dec 30, 2007.

1. sabor macrumors regular

sabor

I posted this on my blog, but I wanted to listen to your opinions before I dial in.

To summarize...I bought a first gen MBP and it has given me the following problems:

• October 2006: Machine would randomly shut down, especially during high CPU usage times, sent to Apple for repairs
    • December 2006: Battery died, would not charge at all, sent battery for replacement
    • December 2006: Battery arrived, looked about to explode, sent battery for replacement
    • February 2007: DVI connector would cause the screen to flicker, sent to Apple for repairs
    • December 2007: Machine would randomly shut down, especially during high CPU usage times

I am sick of sending this machine back :(. Since this a recurring problem which they had fixed in the past and it happens again, I wonder when will Apple yield and let me have a problem-free machine if I show let them know how mega-frustrated I am with the whole ordeal.

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Ouch. Looks like you're due for another dead battery. Yeah, I'd demand a new one. Macs are supposed to 'just work'. Not fail over and over again as you get to know the UPS return van.

3. sabor thread starter macrumors regular

sabor

Actually, when they fixed this problem around the first time, they changed the motherboard and did additional fixes. Overheating in 1st gen machines is a common issue. If it was a dead battery, I would still cope with the problem, yet this is far more serious than that :(

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You might want to write about your frustration to:

steve at
    apple cot
    com

And see what happens.

5. sabor thread starter macrumors regular

sabor

Hmmm.... WTF is steve@applecotcom? :p