5th Replacement phone now has MIC issues?

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
It seems this phone I just got yesterday is having issues where people aren't hearing me now (silence) when I call or they call me. At least 10 times in the past 24 hours. Sometimes it might work. So I restarted the phone and it is working again. Question is for how long. Anyone seen this before? Gosh looks like I am on another trip to the Apple store to get them to replace it again or I am going Android again. Ugh.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
You are way to picky if you went through 5 iphones. I would take this back and accept whatever at this point. You have to realize that millions of these are made and there are no actual "perfect" iPhones.
Good luck getting a "perfect" android.
Oh and also if when you restart it, its likely a software issue.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
You are way to picky if you went through 5 iphones. I would take this back and accept whatever at this point. You have to realize that millions of these are made and there are no actual "perfect" iPhones.
Good luck getting a "perfect" android.
Oh and also if when you restart it, its likely a software issue.
Too picky? So it takes pickiness to have faulty phones that are not usable?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
for the mic part:
This is easy. If you think there's a hardware issue, do some voice recording. That way you'll know if it is in fact just the mic or if it's perhaps something to do with your carrier.

As far as being picky:
Why are you on your 5th iPhone?

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
So you're mic wasn't working right. You rebooted the phone, the mic is working now. What's the big deal?

q64ceo

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
One would assume that by your fifth phone, Operator Error would be the most logical conclusion.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
for the mic part:
This is easy. If you think there's a hardware issue, do some voice recording. That way you'll know if it is in fact just the mic or if it's perhaps something to do with your carrier.

As far as being picky:
Why are you on your 5th iPhone?
After restore on the other phones I would get no service.

----------

One would assume that by your fifth phone, Operator Error would be the most logical conclusion.
Yea well you cant have operator error on an iPhone to cause no service after a factory restore. Says not a valid sim card.

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Yea well you cant have operator error on an iPhone to cause no service after a factory restore. Says not a valid sim card.
Well, this is an easy one. Lose AT&T and you'll be great, lol.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Well, this is an easy one. Lose AT&T and you'll be great, lol.
I know. :/

Btw I also had the issue in my car hooked up to my Bluetooth hands free. No one could hear me there either. So it's not hardware but something else.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Are you jailbreaking it?

According to your previous posts you are, there's a good chance your problems lie with the jailbreak or some rogue app. That's probably why your exchange rate is so high.