5th Replacement phone now has MIC issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nizmoz, Dec 31, 2011.

1. nizmoz macrumors 65816

It seems this phone I just got yesterday is having issues where people aren't hearing me now (silence) when I call or they call me. At least 10 times in the past 24 hours. Sometimes it might work. So I restarted the phone and it is working again. Question is for how long. Anyone seen this before? Gosh looks like I am on another trip to the Apple store to get them to replace it again or I am going Android again. Ugh.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

You are way to picky if you went through 5 iphones. I would take this back and accept whatever at this point. You have to realize that millions of these are made and there are no actual "perfect" iPhones.
    Good luck getting a "perfect" android.
    Oh and also if when you restart it, its likely a software issue.

3. nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

Too picky? So it takes pickiness to have faulty phones that are not usable?

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

for the mic part:
    This is easy. If you think there's a hardware issue, do some voice recording. That way you'll know if it is in fact just the mic or if it's perhaps something to do with your carrier.

As far as being picky:
    Why are you on your 5th iPhone?

5. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

So you're mic wasn't working right. You rebooted the phone, the mic is working now. What's the big deal?

6. q64ceo macrumors regular

One would assume that by your fifth phone, Operator Error would be the most logical conclusion.

7. nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

After restore on the other phones I would get no service.

----------

Yea well you cant have operator error on an iPhone to cause no service after a factory restore. Says not a valid sim card.

8. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Well, this is an easy one. Lose AT&T and you'll be great, lol.

9. nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

I know. :/

Btw I also had the issue in my car hooked up to my Bluetooth hands free. No one could hear me there either. So it's not hardware but something else.

10. nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay, seems IOS 5 has an issue or Apple does now when people have the wrong info on the carrier they are with. Reason why I am getting no service after a restore on all my phones.

Can't call today since they are closed, but Monday I will be calling.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3375290?start=240&tstart=0

See this topic. Wow.

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Are you jailbreaking it?

According to your previous posts you are, there's a good chance your problems lie with the jailbreak or some rogue app. That's probably why your exchange rate is so high.