6.0.1 broke auto-brightness?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Böhme417, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

Since 6.0.1, my phone's screen has been full bore. Auto-brightness does not work at all. Before, this phone's auto-brightness has been flawless. It (I don't know if I should attribute it to the phone or 6.0.0) has functioned better than any previous iPhone or iPod touch I've had. Now, it doesn't work at all. The only way I can even get the brightness to go down now is to either restart the phone or turn off auto-brightness and manually adjust. VERY annoying.

2. njchris macrumors regular

njchris

I am not sure with 6.01 but with 6.0, it would sometimes go all the way dark if I did something like lock the phone while it was in the middle of something (like exiting an app). I havent used it enough to see if it still happens with 6.01.

Maybe you just didn't encounter it in 6.0, but it was not working right. Worked perfect prior to 6.0 for me.

3. antirice macrumors newbie

do you have a starbucks app open or any kind of passport app open? cuz i konw that with the starbucks app when you open the barcode screen the screen brightness turns on all the way up.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sometimes with things of this nature it's worth trying to reset the phone--basically via the method of holding sleep/wake and home buttons together for a while until the Apple logo appears and the phone is rebooting.