6.01 for 4s download or forget

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Globug, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

just wondering if the new software fixes the issues with 4s or should i wait to download from 6.1 when it comes out?

2. OZPINHEAD macrumors member

What issues?

3. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

all the issues everyone experienced with 6.0. When i asked if should download 6.0 people told me to wait and not download.

4. OZPINHEAD macrumors member

Oh, well I had no issues with 6.0 and still none with 6.0.1

5. Macneck macrumors regular

Macneck

Too bad I didn't know before updating! Yesterday I updated to 6.01 hoping to solve some of the bugs. Well, I managed to solve myself the problem where it was not possible to download anything from the Apple Store and the lags doing things where there was no lag before are not that bad. There is one particular bug... not a big deal, really, but... The thing is when you go airplane mode, if you try to switch the wifi on (still in airplane mode) it goes online. In fact I can see both symbols: the little airplane and wifi side by side and you are online. As I said, it's not a real problem, it's quite graphic an example. Obviously before updating it was not possible to switch the wifi on while on airplane mode.

Oh well. Lesson learned. Read before updating next time!

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You have always been able to turn wifi on when in airplane mode. By default, it switches wifi off, but you can then manually go in and switch it on.

I've always been able to do this on all of my devices, and I know most others have as well..

7. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Its actually a feature. Say you're on a flight with wifi. You can't have your cellular antenna on, but the wifi is cleared, so you turn on airplane mode, then turn on wifi.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Not sure why you're quoting me..I was the one to tell him/her that it's not a bug..perhaps you should be quoting Masneck?

9. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

As the others have stated, this has always been possible and is actually a feature.

Back to the OP, No problems with iOS 6.0.1, go ahead and download! :)

10. Macneck macrumors regular

Macneck

Senseotech, tyler23, glad to hear it's not a bug, but you have my word i couldn't do it on my iPad 3 before I updated to 6.0. That's why i thought it was a bug. Haha! Does it mean the bug was before, not after updating?

11. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Correct. Its been there for as long as I can recall, so if not from the beginning, then early on.

12. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Agree with Sensotech. The update must've fixed the bug because that's been a feature for as long as I can remember, just as Sensotech said.

13. Macneck macrumors regular

Macneck

By the way, I remember now i told a guy at the apple store. A seller, I mean. Well, I showed him and he was as surprised as me. Either he wasn't much of an expert or this feature is kind of unknown.

Well, he was convinced (or so he insisted) that Macs don't know what a virus is, so go figure.

14. max pl macrumors regular

ios 6 screwed up battery life for me and brought app crashing and screen flicker.

ios 6.0.1 fixed the battery life, but for the rest i still need more time to determine if theyve been fixed. the screen flicker seldom happened anyhow...