6.1.3 battery life horrible

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gadgetmonster, Mar 26, 2013.

1. gadgetmonster macrumors regular

Anyone else having this issue after 6.1.3? I reported it to apple support. They told me they would pass it to the engineers. I'm loosing 10% every hour.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

3. Nam Pla macrumors member

I've got a 4s 64 GB and was hesitant about updating to 6.1.3 because of the battery life horror stories I've read here. I put it off for a long time because I had unusually excellent battery life with my present phone, and was scared the update would ruin that.

After finally breaking down and updating to 6.1.3, I found no noticeable difference at all. Not that I don't believe you guys, but it just may be a hardware issue.

After going through a really bad time with a 4s I had bought factory unlocked (in the US) and finally got a replacement for here in Thailand, it's been fine, and I'm convinced that my original problems were hardware-related.

It doesn't help that Apple seems to refuse to acknowledge any such problems, keeping you guessing and wondering what the hell is really going on. My advice is to keep the pressure on your Apple Store guys and force them to solve your problem.

Let them know you want your phone to work properly, and that they should give you a new phone (if applicable warranty-wise) if it doesn't. And let them know that you expect them to keep giving you a new one, if need be, until you get one that works the way it's supposed to!

For the money they charge for these phones, it should be absolutely perfect. And anything less than that is absolutely unacceptable!

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I haven't, but I make a habit out of doing a factory restore with all updates. Restore my data via an icloud backup. So that might be why.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Issue with comments like this is that many folks, I would dare say most, skip over the parenthetical and simply believe that if they don't like the way it works then it is defective and give them a new one. Doesn't matter that it's within spec, or that the tests say there's no hardware issue. Many folks think those tests are fake and are designed so Apple can say tough luck etc. People just refuse to believe that leaving your bluetooth setting on when it's not anywhere near your car could drain your battery. Same with poorly written apps, same with being in an area with crappy cell service (which can make calls sound like poop etc).

This is the dark side of this tech being in the hands of folks that have no clue and don't want one about how the tech works. but they are quick to demand a new one cause "I spent a lot of money on this so it's going to be perfect"

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Battery life seems pretty good to me (iphone 5 on 6.1.3), but it could always be better.

7. Nam Pla macrumors member

Very true charlituna. And in those cases it's the folks that really do have problems that get lumped into the "I don't like the way my phone works" crowd.

I had such horrible problems with my previous 4s, and nobody seemed to believe it. I finally found someone that actually listened to me, took it in and checked it out good, and a week later handed me over a free replacement no questions asked.

These iPhones are really designed to be "in the hands of folks that have no clue and don't want one about how the tech works", and though some of them may be mis-guided or just uninformed about some features, they should get the benefit of the doubt. Most times anyway... :eek:

8. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

Battery seems to be doing pretty well with 6.1.3 here for me, this is what i'm getting, bearing in mind 40 percent of the time i'm on wifi, although most of the "usage" is calls over 3G, which is supposed to be a battery drain.

Took this screenshot just after i started charging the phone after I let it completely die.

Attached Files: