6.1.3 Developer software expired

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by scotland007, Apr 21, 2013.

1. scotland007 macrumors regular

I got the office today (Kuala Lumpur) and my Iphone 5 and iPad were asking for activation and nothing would work. Once i got the chance to plug into itunes i was notified that my software has expired. I have a developer license so does this mean Apple are late at releasing the next version?

2. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

I have the same issue I believe as my iPhone has also locked up and requires "activation" ? late last night ....

3. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Same issue you here. The solution for this is to download the ipsw file off of apple for the released 6.1.3. It has worked for me. All you do is press check for updates whilst holding the alt key so you will not lose any data.

4. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

This situation seems a little odd?
    Has this ever happened before?

5. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

So there was no planned update after beta 2 ?

6. treichert macrumors 6502

Well, 6.1.3 is released, so just update to that.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

No. 6.1.3 final came out last month. Beta 2 in February, so you guys should have updated to the final a long time ago.

8. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Yeah I discovered that last night the hard way. I hadn't sync'd my iPad with iTunes for about a month, so that was a rude awakening, lol. Oh well, only had 23 apps to update after restoring everything, lol. Brain fart moment of the day.

9. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Why would you restore? All you had to do was download the ipsws from Apple and update.

10. ssamimacify Guest

update

Nice.. my phone doesn't work cause' it needs activation... and there's no new update to ios

11. large farva macrumors regular

I was freaking out a bit, reading these posts, but I turned on my phone and everything is fine. Hopefully is will stay that way.. Has anybody contacted Apple to find out how in the hell this could have happened?

12. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Happened to mine as well. I am a developer, but I had the full retail 6.1.3 release, so it was odd. I wasn't able to Activate either because it told me the servers were down.

I just downloaded the IPSW, upgraded and it went away.

13. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Since upgrading (not restoring) my imessages have gone crazy.
    I guess I am going to have to do a full restore and install the apps again one by one to ensure the backup is not corrupt.

14. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

You have to restore your old iPad backup after downloading and installing the ipsws file. Otherwise, how would you get your stuff back on there. Sorry, I wasn't clear, I restored from backup. It just happened to be an old backup because iTunes wouldn't sync with the iPad without it being activated.

15. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

You don't actually have to restore from backup. Just hold down Option and click the "Update" button. That just reinstalls the IPSW without wiping out all your data. This fixed the problem for me.

16. ssamimacify Guest

I can't restore, i can't update. My Phone doesn't work.. what should i do?!?

17. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You haven't given enough information. Did you try the solutions in this thread?

18. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

You guys should have known that you can NOT Upgrade from Beta to Final using OTA!

19. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

I should also note that you guys will receive no help from me whatsoever in getting your IOS Devices back into working order again. Message for PNutts: Unlike You and Me, Some of the people here are NOT Member's of the ADC Program and Illegally installed 6.1.3 from 3rd Party Websites and Paid a Website Owner a Small Fee using Pay Pal to get their Devices Registered, these Websites do exist so be care full how much help you give these guys, Just to let you know. Say HI to everyone back in the Private ADC Forums for me as I now have to Beta Test IOS Releases without any help from them as even though I am still an ADC Member, I have been Permanantly Banned from Both Private ADC Forums and Neowin.Net (I lost control of my Temper and Insulted Neobond after one of my posts were Moderated).

20. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

iOS 6.1.3 Final came out on March 19th. Apple "released the next version" 36 days ago.

Apple released the update already. Why didn't *you* update?