6.1.4 or 7.0.6 alt. waiting for 7.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Psyko, Mar 5, 2014.

  1. Psyko macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    #1
    I'll try to keep it short...

    I hated iOS 7 at launch but I feel more and more there are some nice aspects of it. So I will be updating but I can't decide if I should wait for 7.1 to be released and jailbroken, or if I should jump aboard already and give 7.0.6 a go.

    Not sure about the SSL bug patch either since I use a VPN for all sensitive traffic which I assume should encrypt it good and well.

    To add to it I read winocm on twitter saying he kind of missed iOS 6. Not being a heavy user myself (occasionally browse the web with Safari, play music and use notes.app) I can't quite decide. I really like iOS 6 but I want the faster browser and stuff...
     
  2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

    iamMacPerson

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    Location:
    AZ/10.0.1.1
    #2
    If you want to jailbreak, I'd upgrade now but save your SHSH blobs. Who knows how long it'll take for them to jailbreak 7.1. At least 7.0.6 has no security flaws (we know of) and it more current then 6.1.4.

    Its still a little buggy, but as long as your not using a 4, you should be good. 5 and newer are the best.
     
  3. Psyko thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2013
    #3
    Wouldn't manage without a jailbreak :)

    Though "a little buggy" doesn't sound like the optimal base to top off with third party tweaks that don't always play nicely. So I guess I'll be holding out for 7.1 then.

    Regarding saving my blobs, Tinyumbrella saved my 7.0.4 blobs but neither iFaith or Cydia is saving 7.0.6. Even worse is that Cydia as well as iFaith say I have no blobs stored at sauriks server despite having submitted them multiple times :( Edit: assuming that "7.0.6bGM", disregarding the double negation with beta GM, is the final and only 7.0.6 firmware then I guess it is saved. Only locally though...
     
  4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #4
    A JB for 7.1 might not be released for a long time.
    If you want to be on JB firmware update now to the latest 7.0.6 and JB.
    The SSL is patched by Apple on 7.0.6 so you dont need to worry about or install a patch.
    Also SHSH blobs are currently only useful for the iphone 4.
    Anything newer than that even if you save blobs you cannot use them to downgrade.
     

Share This Page