6.1 Apple maps flyover

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dmcwally, Jan 28, 2013.

1. dmcwally macrumors member

Does anybody know anything about why apple hasn't added any cities recently with the flyover feature in maps. I woulda thought by now they would of added more cities or even nationwide before ios 7. Dare I assume its doa ?

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Maps is updated in the cloud. They update and add fixes to Maps everyday..just going to take some time...i would imagine iOS 7 is where Maps will be drastically improved

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Well new cities for flyover have only come in new builds (or releases), haven't they? As far as I can remember there haven't been any added that were available immediately without updating.

4. humar macrumors 6502

humar

Still no satellite view of my region, just big pixels and iOS 6 io out from September now.

I can't understand one thing: if Apple is using TomTom maps, how can they be so bad? Does TomTom provide also satellite images?

Attached Files:

5. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Im not exactly sure but I know they have been improving satellite imagery and other things daily

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

What I do know: Apple uses more than a single vendor (TomTom) for their maps. These include Acxiom, AND, CoreLogic, DigitalGlobe, DMTI ... if you click on the bottom right hand corner of the Map App it will tell you a complete list (there are MANY)

What I do NOT know: If TomTom provides their satellite imagery. Seeing as TomTom specializes in directions and map data, I would guess not.