6.1 Beta5/GM so what? Bugs are still unfixed, whats wrong with you Apple?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by johnsonxray, Jan 27, 2013.

1. johnsonxray, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013

johnsonxray macrumors member

If this B5/GM version is so called the version that Apple use it for final testing before the official release, then im really disappointed with Apple these days, how could they still leave these 2 very noticeable bug in GM version which we most probably's gonna see it too in the official 6.1

1. AssistiveTouch, well this thing will just shrink when u use it to quit some app and press it again, u actually have to press it twice to get back to the menu again. Try use AT quit settings app, and then press the dot again, you'll get what I mean.

2. Notification delay, well, whatsapp for instance, even in B5/GM version, when i off my screen after quite some while, ppl send me a whatsapp text, i wont be able to receive the notifications, I have to actually go in to the whatsapp to see the new texts. Isn't this bad? Apple do you means I have to keep my phone awake just to check is there any new incoming msgs? and funny thing bout this is after i read the whatsapp text..i put back the phone to sleep again, till then i received the notification, it then leave a 'red 1' on top left of whatsapp, I thought i got new text again, who knows its the text that I have read..LOL I was thinking, U sent me a notification after I read my msg, hey, and there's more, back in 5.1.1 if i receive offline msgs overnight, the next morning when I connected to wifi, I immediately will receive the notification if there's offline msgs, now this for all the ios6 version, same story, the phone wont notify me and I actually have to go in to the app itself to check new msgs.

Idk man but if official 6.1 still having this main 2 problem I think im gonna quit.

2. JetBlack7, Jan 27, 2013

JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

The Assistive Touch thing I get what you mean, I get the same thing. I don't know if it's a bug or simply because the phone is busy working (sending an sms for example).

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Has Apple closed these bugs as fixed in Radar or are they still open?

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

5. Dwalls90, Jan 27, 2013

Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

As a developer, you can report the bug to Apple. That is the point of beta software, after all!

Do you have the notification issue with just WhatsApp? No issues here with notifications (sometimes Facebook, but that is actually a Facebook problem, not an iOS problem). If just with WhatsApp, it's likely a WhatsApp issue and you should report it to their developers.

6. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Beta 5 is the GM.

iOS 6.1 will "go public" before Friday.

8. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Not that I'm not excited about it, but I heard several users reporting battery drain problems that weren't around in the previous betas... :(

9. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

2nd problem isn't ios's fault. It's whatsapp's. Don't even get what you mean with the first problem, and I use AT all the time.

10. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

I laughed when I saw the first complaint within 8 hours of Beta 5 being released.

There may or may not be problems, but you can't get meaningful battery data from anecdotal use in 24 hours, especially when the a iOS version itself may result in atypical use as the person tests it out.

11. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Not to be rude, but no one can form a solid opinion on battery life for Beta 5. It's been out for something like less than 24 hours.

To properly compare, one should DFU restore to Beta 5, fully charge up and fully drain down, then recharge to compare stats. Batteries need to be calibrated, and in this short time window, no one has really had such a chance to do so.

12. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

13. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Has the OP actually reported these issues in the dev forums or just bitching on here?

14. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I have never had this whatsapp issue ever ... This notification issue is very much linked to the network that the phone is connecting to ... If there is no data connection there is no notification, simple as that ...

15. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

my whatsapp hasnt alerted for a long time, i have to open it to see if i've got any messages

16. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

I have already reported this to Apple dev teams since 6.1beta1..untill B4 I think, I spammed them, but i gave up, they are just not going to do anything about this.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Its not about network connectivity or what..there is a noticeable delay when comes to notification!

17. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Well the GM always adds few extra bug fixes and whatnot

18. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Well at least one user reported it was a GPS app that was hung in the "locating" state causing issue. Once that was corrected no issue. ALWAYS people immediately report battery issues with every iOS update. Seems common when updating that some app or setting gets hosed or hung causing battery issues like 99% of the time rather than the actual iOS itself. And before I get beat up, yes there were a few battery issues caused by iOS itself in the past that were later addressed but typically its an app or setting that pukes during the upgrade process that creates these issues.