6.15 Ipad Baseband confusion

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wzbell, May 3, 2011.

1. Wzbell macrumors newbie

Please excuse my ignorance here. I have searched and read so many articles on this I think I am more confused than I was at the beginning. Please hang with me while I try to explain my thinking.

I have a 3GS IOS 4.3.2 on 6.14 baseband, bootloader is 06.04. Jailbroke with Resn0w and unlocked with Ultrasn0w.

1) I understand that 3G phones can be downloaded but not a 3GS, not even with the older bootloader (06.04) ??

With the ipad baseband I will never be able to load a stock IPSW but I can load a custom firmware.

2) What will the custom firmware do and
    3) will it downgrade the baseband?

4) How do I get custom firmware?

Again sorry for so much confusion. I have searched the forum and couldn't get a clear understanding. I understand a fix for the Ipad downgrade is coming it's just a matter of when.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I think you mean you're currently on 5.14 or 6.15. 6.14 does not exist. You cannot downgrade the baseband on an iPhone 3Gs, no matter the bootloader. You will never be able to restore to stock firmware, but you can create custom firmware using Pwnagetool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (Windows).

3. Wzbell thread starter macrumors newbie

it is 6.15

So what will the custom firmware do for me?

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

It's exactly like regular firmware except you can pre-jailbreak it. I'm sure there are plenty of other tweaks too.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It will not downgrade your baseband version. Nothing can do that at the moment.
    And since you installed the ipad BB you can only restore or update using custom firmware that's all.
    You cannot update or restore to official firmware with itunes any more.

6. Wzbell thread starter macrumors newbie

I gotcha now. the custom will keep my BB but change the ios. I guess having the SHSH doen't matter, huh?

I'm praying for a quick fix for the BB downgrade. like many others it seems.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

SHSH allows you to install older iOSs. It's still useful for you if you don't like a newer iOS.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they said they were working on a baseband downgrade for the 3G and 3GS. Not sure when or if it will be out.

9. Wzbell thread starter macrumors newbie

I really needed the GPS but likemost ipad basebands I lost that. I spent the 5 bucks for the work around for the external gps hookup so I can live with that for a while.

Also, I don't know if my jailbroke iphone is tethered or not but I did a reboot (held down the home?

10. Mac-Rumours macrumors regular

$5 for an external GPS or just the software? What GPS receiver / software did you buy?

11. Wzbell thread starter macrumors newbie

The BT STack for 5 bucks and I had a external Garmin receiver from an older htc that I had used. Easy fix for the time being.

12. Wzbell thread starter macrumors newbie

tethered?

Does anyone know how to tell if a JB is tethered? I tried F0recast but it gave me info in part that I know is wrong like it can't be unlocked- it alread yis. I did reboot and it came up fine so I am assuming untethered. Is that correct?

13. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

if you can reboot and still get into cydia and install a package you are definately untethered.

14. Mac-Rumours macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Thanks. I saw roqyBT but it's €8 - about the same price as a new GPS receiver.

15. Wzbell thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone for sale?

Which one of you guys said you had an iphone for sale?

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You can get banned for this man.

You need to have the rank of at least 6502a to be able to post anything relating to buying/selling and it has to be in the marketplace.