6/6 Plus owners who upgraded to 8/8 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by burntomaro, Sep 25, 2017.

1. burntomaro macrumors member

How's the screen clarity out in daylight? Always had problems reading anything outside on my 6 Plus. Is there any improvement with the 8/8 Plus?

2. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Huge improvement.

Next to the battery life the screen clarity and sound quality are the biggest improvements I've noticed going from the 6s Plus to the 8 Plus.

3. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

No real improvement there. Not that I’ve noticed anyhow. Excellent screen though. Better than the 6plus overall, but still hard to see outdoors.

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Coming from 6 but haven’t really taken it out in the day light. The sky has been gloomy since last night. I stayed at home today.

5. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 65816

PhillyGuy72

Really haven't noticed a huge difference outdoors, I placed my 2 phones side by side (6+ and 8+ with same brightness settings, the 8+ looks SLIGHTLY dimmer on my end. Could be the new true tone color?)

Both running on IOS 11.1, As for speed and battery...that part is night and day. Opening apps, Safari, Email, App Store at the same time on 6+ and 8+...wow. Everything on the 8+ opens IMMEDIATELY while the 6+ takes a good 2-3 seconds for anything to load and show up. The battery life...again 8+ battery life is incredible so far, while my old 6+ - with a NEW OEM Apple battery I bought in late August (previous one was starting to bulge and I had to replace it ASAP), has suffered greatly after I installed IOS 11.

Right now the 6+ is simply a spare WiFi unit. Using it as a backup HD video cam, camera. device for my drone, a remote.

6. puma1552 Suspended

I had the nicest screen I've ever had on any iPhone on my 6. Cool tone, amazing saturation, good blacks, etc. Then I went to an SE which was nowhere near as nice as the 6, as expected. Then I bought my 8, and I was looking forward to being wowed like I was with my 6, but to be honest the 8 screen is more like the SE screen than the 6, it's somewhere in between the two but a bit closer to the SE than the 6. On that note the X screen is very similar to my 8 screen so there you go.

I will say though, the 8 screen is extremely even and I've never had a screen that was that even or had that well controlled back light. As for outdoors, not really sure but it should in theory be brighter when using auto brightness outdoors.