6/6+ So how is Safari tabs/ram performing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Valkyre, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Valkyre macrumors 6502

So now that everyone got their phones how is Safari performing with Tabs? Is there frequent reloading of pages or is everything smooth as butter? How is performance in general and were alot of people's doubts for no apparent reason after all?

2. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I just browsed with 6 tabs on my 6. No issues.

3. Valkyre thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats great news!

And i suppose everything runs smoothly, no choppy animations or general ui lag right?

4. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

What sort of sites? Were they media heavy like the Verge or more blog-like, like Macrumors?

5. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Right now I'm browsing with my 6+ with 6 tabs open and not experiencing any issues with reloads and such. But then again, I never really had a problem on my 5s either....my iPad Air though is another story altogether.

6. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

No choppiness.

Just now I opened 3 Verge, Apple's iPhone page and this thread. After oping the other sites this page reloaded but then I jumped around them with no other issues.

And after typing this I jumped back and they were all still there, no reloading.

7. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

That's extremely unimpressive. 5 tabs. I didn't expect much though.

8. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Well, I assume you could go more depending no the site. One of the Verge was the homepage and the other was a photography article.

Could it be better with 2 GB of RAM? Sure, but the most I usually have open at once is 3 tabs or so. I'm happy, but may see how many sites I can open before they all reload.

9. jamets515 macrumors regular

I tried out Asphalt 7 earlier to see how well it copes. I've played it a LOT on the 5S so I thought it was a good place to start comparing.

It did jerk once which I don't remember ever seeing on the 5S, but only for a split second at the beginning and then it was fine for an hour of me driving horrendously!

Then went back to my 7 open tabs and everything was fine. No reloads.

Go back and look at the original iPhone keynote. When Steve is showing off the webpage browsing... well... it's embarrassing :D

10. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Yeah it will be fine mostly for most of the users I think. People like me who have lots of tabs open at a time (6+) will probably get very annoyed though. Especially when they are usually all forums and image boards and the like. Refreshing causes a great deal of problems on the sites I frequent.

11. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Considering I can rarely open more than 1-2 without reloading on my new Air, I'll take that.

12. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem when I had the Air. I took that pos back. Too many screen issues and ram issues. Terrible product.

still, doesn't make the iphone 6 performance acceptable. Just have to decide if this is a big enough reason to not buy the phone.

13. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I assume it will be harder on the 6+ since the sites your caching are higher resolution...at least, that's what I hear all over these forums. All I know is both are good devices.

I picked up a 6+ while waiting for my 6 and although I can see the draw for many users, my fist thought was "DANG! I need new hands." I have medium sized hands for a guy, so the 6 was perfect for me.