Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy switching from a plus model to an SE model?

• Yes, I'm sticking with my SE.

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No, I'm going or have gone back to a 6/6s Plus already.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No, I'm going back to the regular sized (4.7") iPhone 6/6s.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Now that the SE has been out awhile I'm curious about those who have switched from the 6 Plus and 6S Plus how you feel about your switch?

What do you love about your SE?
What do you miss about your 6/6s Plus?

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I recently got my iPhone se and i am loving this small phone after struggling with iPhone 6s plus it's huge relief for me now,it's so lite and pocket friendly to carry around.i have bought this phone for outdoor usage (calling texting footsteps tracking) but when i am at home i still use my iPhone 6s plus for Web browsing and watching videos and rest of the things my se do

Reactions: IronH4WK

DMVillain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
I did. Still have my SE, but I'm back to the 6s Plus. I wanted smaller size, but I didn't realize how much I love 3D Touch. I'd love a 4" premium phone, but I'll probably get the 7 as a compromise.

Reactions: M. Gustave

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I voted the first one. Never had a 4.7" or 5.5" iPhone, but I do have a Moto X that's about the same size as the iPhone Plus with a slightly bigger screen and a Galaxy S7 Edge that has the same size display but is significantly smaller, and I definitely prefer the size of my iPhone SE.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
Still love the phone, but there are times where I wished it was a little larger and that the screen was at minimum 720p. Depending on the price of the 7, I might upgrade to a 4.7".

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Went from a 6 to a SE(and paid full price) and couldn't be happier. There are times I wish the FaceTime camera was a little higher quality but honestly have no plans to upgrade any time soon unless they have a 4" phone option.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
When I bought my 2nd iPad Pro for field use the Apple Geek handed me his 4" phone to type my email address in and THAT was enough to tell me I do not want a tiny phone again!

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
I moved from the 6S Plus to an SE and it has balanced my device use between my iPhone SE and my iPad mini. I do miss my 6S plus (that my wife is now using) here and there, but for the most part, I am happy with the SE. It will be able to hold me over until I get the "balls to the wall" 10th anniversary iPhone they are doing next year.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
If the SE had the same monitor as the 6S, I'd be all over it. Will be interesting to see what Apple will do with it in the future.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Been using my SE for the most part since I got.

No regrets. Jail broken it's a beautiful little beast.
Sometimes I grab my 6s plus but it's been far and few between.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
My SE seems like my 6s just smaller without force touch. I use it for work as it is easier to carry for me.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Can't speak directly to the question, but I recently had to downgrade from the 6 to a 5, which is the same form factor as the SE. Somewhat to my surprise, I have greatly preferred the smaller size of the 5.

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
I used an SE as a work phone briefly for about a month, until it broke. No way I will let them give me another one. The screen size is just a little bit to small and the screen contrast is low for this day and age, enough to reduce usability.

Also the lack of the 3D touch shows up. Not because it has to, but rather because the OS is designed that way.

All other aspects the phone was fine. But those dimensions are important. And the phone falls there.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The screen quality is a bit behind my old 6 plus, but still excellent. Nothing to complain about there.

With the Apple leather case, it just feels perfect in the hand-and the pocket.

As a primary browsing device, I wouldn't recommend it. I use my Mini for that. As a pocket smartphone-it's just what I want. No regrets-I'm hanging on to this one for awhile.

Reactions: Channan

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
The screen quality is a bit behind my old 6 plus, but still excellent. Nothing to complain about there.

With the Apple leather case, it just feels perfect in the hand-and the pocket.

As a primary browsing device, I wouldn't recommend it. I use my Mini for that. As a pocket smartphone-it's just what I want. No regrets-I'm hanging on to this one for awhile.
The most you will admit of screen quality is "a bit"? Apple achieved the amazing feat of giving the SE a lower contrast screen than the 5S. I couldn't believe it.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
The most you will admit of screen quality is "a bit"? Apple achieved the amazing feat of giving the SE a lower contrast screen than the 5S. I couldn't believe it.
I just can't see it. I used to think my iPhone 3G and 3GS had great screens. After using the iPhone 4, the previous iPhones' screens looked really washed out. After upgrading to the iPhone 5s, I noticed how much worse the iPhone 4's screen was.

Now I have an iPad mini 4 and even a Galaxy S7 Edge. I've also messed with a few family members' iPhone 6s's and I just don't see the iPhone SE as having a bad screen. I don't look at it and think it looks washed out, or has a low resolution or bad viewing angles. The screen looks great to me.

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Swapped my 6S Plus for an SE on release day, will be buying the 4.7" iPhone 7 on release though as I think it's a good middle ground.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.