6-9-10 Trying to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by csg1000, Jun 9, 2010.

1. csg1000 macrumors newbie

anyone know how I can get that Upgrade disk?

will rent or buy or trade or whatever..
    Just trying to up grade, step by step to Snow Leopard
    so I need that disk.
    Disk does not seem to be offered by apple anymore ..

Not sure how you get back to me ??

If there is a pm that is fine..

Thanks Charles

2. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

You can go straight to Snow Leopard from Tiger, you don't need the intermediary step, it's just a waste of time.

The official line is that you can't, but I personally have done it.

Honest.

3. csg1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks .. One can go directly but have to do a clean install ..

I do not want to do the back up deal and the disks to install the Snow L is $175.. so, Upgrading to lep then upgrading again to S lep seems the way to go??!!
    the shop will do the 2 upgrades for $100 so, I was looking for a cheaper option
    =========

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

He was referring to the $29 Snow Leopard upgrade disc. You can use that disc to upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard without any problems. Several on these forums have done it. It technically is against the EULA but really, who cares.

5. csg1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK and thanks but I don't quite get the answer to my qustion

if i use the upgrade disk, and my friend bought something for $29 bucks a while ago, not sure if it is the actual Snow Leopard Install disks or the Upgrade disk.
    Since he said he paid $29 must be the upgrade as, I was at the apple store yesterday and they tried to sell me the program disks for $175 :D

Anyhoo .. Ass-u-ming what he has is, the upgrade, you are telling me, if I stick that cd in my puter running Tiger it will install Snow Leopard, without loosing any program applications and or files I have, or ............................ is it going to wipe my puter clean and install the new system, then I gotta reinstall from program cds all my programs, ie Word Excel , Magic Jack, Photo Shop, Mail, skype etc...etc....etc....

any of this make sense??
    Tks csg

tks etc.....

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

The Snow Leopard "upgrade" disc is really only called an upgrade disc because of the $29 price. It is indeed the complete install disc where you can do a simple upgrade, or a full clean install if you so choose. The $29 disc will do exactly what you want and will not delete any of your installed programs. It will simply upgrade you to Snow Leopard leaving all of your personal files and programs intact.

7. csg1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks !!!

Ok I will give it a whirl!!..
    Thanks so much for your input!!!

As the big guy sais, "I'LL BE BACK":p
    AFTER ,I do the deed..with an UPDATE!!