6 and 6+ Software Differentiation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jclardy, Sep 15, 2014.

1. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I can understand Apple's reasoning for having landscape split views on only the iPhone 6+, as it is like a tiny iPad. Give it something special to take advantage of the giant display.

But what I don't understand is why the iPhone 6 is not getting profile images inside of Messages. The width is already increasing by 55 points versus the iPhone 5s, that is more than enough space to fit a 40 point circle with some padding on either side.

Leaving it out on last years model, sure, but intentionally degrading the experience of one of your flagship models just feels a bit lame.

I am hoping they change their minds in 8.0.1. Messages is most likely the most used app for nearly everyone, and holding back a nice looking UI change just seems really petty to me.

2. Advil macrumors 6502a

because that's what apple does. they always leave out features intentionally. just wait for the jailbreak and you can have all the 6+ software features on a regular 6 or even 5S.

3. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

i never understood the reasoning behind not having in the messages app from the get go. Granted i had mine jailbroken with bitesms so i had this feature on my 5s, which there was never any problems.