6+, are a lot of the "size" issues just perception?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrGimper, Sep 19, 2014.

1. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

OK, I have a 6+ and there are obviously millions of threads that it's TOO BIG.

Do you think a lot of this is just down to perception? I mean we have all been used to seeing 4" iPhones, so the + is going to look huge.

Had the + been delayed and released a few months from now after the 4.7, I guess the perception would have changed because we would have gotten used to seeing 4.7" iPhones in the wild. Therefore the difference in size wouldn't have been so dramatic

Just a thought....

2. jays4life23west macrumors newbie

Anyone buying the plus coming from a 4 or 3.5inch Phone knows there is going to be an adjustment period. I dont see how someone can use the phone for an hour an say it's to big

3. macher macrumors 65816

macher

Just got 6 and 6+ and can only speak from experience. I prefer to comfortably operate with 1 hand. The 6 for me and my size hands is perfect. The 6+ who is for my wife I can't operate with 1 hand comfortably. I have average size hands.

It's a matter or preference of course. My preference is to use 1 hand comfortable without having to 'fumble' with my device to reach with my thumb to the other side of the screen. My wife on the other hand doesn't mind 2 hand operation.

4. Kendo macrumors 68000

My guess is that you've never held a phablet before like the Galaxy Note? It isn't a perception issue, the darn thing is giant. Going from a iPhone 5 to a 6 Plus is like going from an iPad mini to an iPad Air. The difference is BIG.

5. MrGimper thread starter macrumors 601

MrGimper

I have indeed handled a note 3, and I am more than happy with my choice of the 6 Plus. I got my case last week so again knew full well what I was getting, and it was what I wanted.

I just was just talking about "in general"