6+ battery indicator messed up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silversin, Jun 3, 2016.

1. silversin macrumors member

For the last couple of weeks my battery indicator is messed up. Even draining complete and recharging to 100 doesn't solve the issue. Not even a firmware reinstall.

Right now the battery jumped from 1% to 10% right after I plugged it in. Unplugged & rebooted and it jumped back 28%, and while writing this thread back to 11%.

Send the diagnostic to Apple and they are claiming it's fine. Any other solution for my problem?

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502

<shrug> Battery has a bad cell. Replace the battery.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Please could you download Battery Life (https://appsto.re/gb/zeBBab.i) and screenshot the result?

4. silversin thread starter macrumors member

5. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Eh that should be okay. It hasn't passed the threshold of failing, so that's why Apple's diagnostics didn't indicate an issue.

It may well be a little unreliable around the sub 30%s, but should be fairly consistent from a full charge to about 50%.

Apple won't replace the battery in its current state, so it's up to you to decide how annoying this issue is, and whether or not you want to go down the 3rd party repair route. Honestly, I'd recommend against it and just live with the battery until it gets worse, as 3rd party repairs may cause more problems than they'll solve.

6. silversin thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the explanation. It's still under warranty for a couple of months. I could get a replacement for a white dot issue on the the screen, but it never bothered me that much. Think I'll go ahead now and get it replaced because of the battery.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

8. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I know, right! Some people don't know how good they've got it. ;)

This is mine (5S). And now it's permanently stuck on headphone mode. Time for a repair or replacement I think!

image.png

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you had you 5S from introduction, you have got your money's worth. Replace the device or put a new battery in it.