6 days with an Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KnottyGuy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. KnottyGuy macrumors newbie

KnottyGuy

My first impression is, WOW!

My last computer was a top of the lime Toshiba, nearly 6 years ago. A few months ago it lost yet another sector. I decided I wasn't spending any more money on a dieing machine.

When I bought the Toshiba I was doing a lot of word processing. These days, my needs are much simpler, music, e mail & social networks.

What would make better? A 15 screen, a full size keyboard & better sound. I am happy with my Air 2, I feel blessed to be able to have it!

Knotty

2. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

I like my Air 2 a lot as well, and have similar needs excluding social media. I think though if you want a 15inch screen and full size keyboard... It's kind of defeating the purpose of a tablet and perhaps you should go with a retina MacBook pro?

What are your favorite apps so far?

3. KnottyGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

KnottyGuy

It's suites me needs quite well. The other deciding factor is that I have a iPhone, so it allows me to use my phone or pad when out & about. When I got my Air, it's was either that or buy another laptop/notebook.

I'm still looking for good usable apps.
    I'm not sure what I need/want. A better music player would be good.

Knotty

4. matttye macrumors 601

Got one today to replace my iPad 2. Absolutely love it, it's so fast, light, a joy to use in comparison.

5. KnottyGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

KnottyGuy

It's great & very fast

Hope you enjoy yours

6. matraco macrumors regular

Still to have a crash in safari with it. I also found out it does support 4k videos even though it doesnt take advantage of them at that resolution unless you stream them to a TV.
    Didn't think it would run much faster than my mini 2 in IOS 7.1.2 but it does. Beast of a tablet.

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

Sounds like it was more of a lemon.