6 Hour Wait Tues. @Fifth Ave Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRobby, Oct 20, 2011.

1. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Tuesday, Oct 17th Fifth Ave Apple Store

I was on that line Monday late afternoon and night. I was in line from 4 pm til 10pm as checkout receipt printed!

Mind you now that I went in the store at 3 PM to browse and look at the phones. I knew I wanted the 4S because I needed to upgrade from 32GB to 64GB for music. However, I wasn't gonna stand on a line and just go back to the store next week or so.

But a certain incident due to my stupidity took place downstairs while I was looking at the iPhones and iPads. - My iPhone 3GS was swiped and I was stuck with no phone!! someone had swiped it while I was looking at an iPad. So after I had a manager check lost and found I was told to go on the line back outside upstairs (told it was 3.5 hour wait YEAH RIGHT!) to purchase the iPhone 4S. So I guess fate or destiny had in store for me to get the iPhone 4s yesterday.

But in line 4pm til 10pm UGGH!!!!

The good part of this story is I Love My White 64GB!!

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Management didn't make any attempt to help you recover your stolen phone? Seems they must have had at least 18 security cameras that would have caught it on tape...

I realize they're under no obligation to help, but it seems a little rude that they just pointed you to the line to buy a new phone, no?

But hey, congrats on the new phone! :)

3. autigerMark macrumors member

autigerMark

What do you mean it was swiped? Did someone pick your pocket or did you leave it lying around somewhere?

4. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I foolishly had the phone lying on a table next to the iPads whole texting A friend and checking out the iPad same time walked to other table not putting it away

5. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Leaving it on the table in a crowded store while looking at something else? :eek: thats a total recipe for disaster. Someone would have been dumb not to swipe it.

6. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

My niece watches Dora the Explora a lot so here you go; Swiper no Swiping, Swiper no Swiping, and Swiper no swiping. It means to steal or take when not looking its like stealing but quick and usually when your distracted like the OP.

PS: Congrats to OP for picking up this 64GB iPhone 4S, hope you love it!

7. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

With all of the iDevices in that store nobody thought of running the Find my iPhone app?

8. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

whats the point of find my iPhone if the person left the store. It's not like find my iPhone gives you a satellite image shot of the exact place its on to see who has the phone. Are you going to ask everyone on the street close to the location did you take my iPhone? :p

9. blueroom, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

There you go. Glad iOS5 now suggests it when installing. I can't imagine why anyone would not put this on their iOS device as app #1.

Actually it will show you on a map where your phone is as long as it's turned on and hasn't been erased. You can also lock and or erase it, or send a message. It also is now part of Lion for the Mac plus it's free.
    [​IMG]

10. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

It will at least show you where it is, that could help the police. Plus I would want to wipe the device so my personal info is secure.