6+ Landscape - NEAT!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pscl, Sep 15, 2014.

1. pscl macrumors 6502

Hey

is anyone as happy as i am that the 6+ is getting landscape mode? I think this is a big enhancement in productivity. i hope many apps are going to use this.

so what are the known apps that use the landscape feature to display more content out of the box? is it the same as ipad?

On the Kynote we saw Mail, Messages, the Calendar and Contacts - these are the most used apps i guess... and i really like them to be in landscape. In CNN`s Hands-on i saw that safari supports tab-browsing like the ipad (safari osx-style wich is AWESOME) and the System-Settings are getting the same split view as on the ipad.

do u guys know other apps that might use special display features in landscape mode?
    what apps do you hope for using in landscape mode?

greets

2. Ayr macrumors 6502

Probably see everything move to landscape over the coming year.

3. pscl thread starter macrumors 6502

until the 6+, i almost never used landscape on my iphone (exept for gaming). the screen was just too small, so most of the content was covered of my thumbs ;)

i think the 6+ will be a really productive phablet with great gaming abilities.

4. canuhelpme macrumors newbie

I don't understand why the iPhone does not have landscape mode for apps like android phones do. Before I got my first iPhone (5) I had a crappy android phone who's screen was a bit smaller than the iPhone 5 and it had landscape mode for nearly every app and I never had a problem with it. Then I switched to the iPhone and was confused and angry when i realized hardly anything worked in landscape.

Clearly some apps work fine in landscape mode but not nearly as many as android, what is a developer thing? I don't understand.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I've never understood why this hasn't been there since they went to a 4" screen size.