6 months today

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by elf69, Oct 11, 2016.

1. elf69 macrumors 68000

elf69

I been a mac user for only 6 months today.

I love them and they just work!

Windows 10 is so much work to get working.

Windows 10 made me move to mac.

Things just so much easier to setup and get working in OSX over windows.

printers are best thing as so easy to setup without downloading tons of bloatware with the drivers.

Even got a friend using mac now and they find it easier to use than windows.

My first mac was an ibook 14"
    Still have it but not used now mainly as google doc not working with it well enough for work.

How long have you been mac and made to start/swap from windows?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I've been Mac since about 2009. When I studied Music at University my first experience was plugging in a MIDI keyboard into a Mac Pro with Pro Tools. It immediately detected it and worked -- none of this 'installing driver' rubbish. No closing and reopening, or popping into a different USB port (only for it to say 'installing drivers' again! Aaarrrgh!!)

At the time, I had a Windows desktop running Cubase, which was just an appalling experience for recording music. She was sporting a tri-core AMD processor at the time, later updated to quad, and then hex (X6 Athlon II), while making absolutely no difference. A solid amount of RAM too, 8GB or possibly even 16.

My first Mac was a white C2D 2.4GHz Unibody with 2GB RAM, which was pretty much all I could afford, though I really wanted a MacBook Pro. To my surprise, despite the comparatively low hardware specs, it ran DAWs far smoother than my Windows desktop ever could. And boy, Snow Leopard was a damned stable OS.

Never looked back after that. Got the 15" Early 2011 MBP (which Apple later replaced with 15" cMBP 2012 due to repeated Logic Board failures), iPhone 4, and I've been stuck with Apple ever since. I'm also still using that 15" cMBP. :)

3. elf69 thread starter macrumors 68000

elf69

Your first mac is my second and is my current daily driver for work.
    Although now sports 8GB ram and 240GB SSD and sierra.

Love this machine.

Second came my 2007 20" imac, now running 4GB ram and El Capitan.
    Then came my 17" 2007 santa rosa macbook pro, awesome machine just too big and heavy take to and from work everyday, plus not like keyboard compared to my 2009 macbook.

I am still awaiting my 2009 macbook pro to arrive though.

Ibook G4 is living under bed at moment.
    Got rid of my samsung S7 edge for an iphone 6s+ after issues with the samsung.