6+ mute button (wobbly) on unmute position

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by T4R06, Jun 19, 2015.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

as the title says, anyone here have this issue? i dont know if this is the right word but the mute button when in un-mute position is wobbling. but when you flick to mute (orange position) is dead solid and not moving at all. please report back if this is normal or not

thank you

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, it's normal in the sense that with millions of mass produced phones there will be quite a few that will have some sort of inconsistencies like the one you describe. It's not normal in the sense that under perfect conditions that wouldn't be present. The real question is how wobbly it is and if it's causing any issues.

3. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

i cannot upnderstand you lol. ill make it simple, is yours when in unmute position is moving? like try to do up and down without intention of putting into mute position. let me know

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Most phones won't have that issue, while various will have it to some degree, while others will have some other small issues here or there. Again, the main question is really how much of an issue it is for your phone and you--does the wobble get in the way of something or make something worse (aside from simply there being a wobble). If so, then you might want to see if Apple could do something about it, perhaps even replace the phone itself (which can still have some sort of issues as well, or might not).

5. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

do you have the same device i have??? well, when i choose being naked (no case) sometimes putting the phone in my pocket the mute button will accidentally go on mute. i'd say mine loose??? im not sure, that is why i posted a question here if this is normal

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sometimes even without a slightly wobbly switch you can flip the mute/unmute by putting the phone into the pocket or taking it out of pocket. If it happens enough that it's annoying then you should have Apple take a look at it. I've seen some phones with some wobble and many without it. So, again, in a perfect phone a wobble isn't normal, but while there are plenty of perfect phones out there there are also plenty with some small issues like the wobble issue as well (and some that have bigger issues than that too). Again, in the end it mainly depends on how much of an issue it is to you and your use of the phone.

7. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about his post. Seems pretty straight forward and one of the best answers I've found on the forums to little issues like this in general.