6+ Not switching to landscape

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Hey guy's

I just noticed that sometimes my 6+ does not switch to landscape in apps like safari, mail or photos. If I restart the device it works again fine.

Maybe it's an iOS related error?

Anyone experiencing the same?

Greets

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Swipe up to reveal the control center (the screen that shows the flashlight, airplane mode etc). The top right icon with a lock and circular arrow - is it selected? If so deselect it and that will allow landscape mode.

mw360

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2010
It's an iOS8 bug. I've seen it happen on a 6, also seen threads about it in various places.

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
It's an iOS8 bug. I've seen it happen on a 6, also seen threads about it in various places.
Yeah.. The gyro sensor seems to be ok cause it works again fine right after restart

jmgregory1

macrumors 68000
Hey guy's

I just noticed that sometimes my 6+ does not switch to landscape in apps like safari, mail or photos. If I restart the device it works again fine.

Greets
You can't have the display set to zoom. Needs to be standard setting for rotation to work. I thought it was a problem too, and did a reset hoping to "fix" the "problem", but changing to standard view was the solution.

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
You can't have the display set to zoom. Needs to be standard setting for rotation to work. I thought it was a problem too, and did a reset hoping to "fix" the "problem", but changing to standard view was the solution.
Zoom is set to standard since I got the phone

To be clear... It works fine until sometime... Don't know the reason it stops working... After restart all is ok

ToddH

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Hey guy's

Greets
It will not rotate if it is in zoom mode

jayf

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2014
Ithink it's an iOS 8 bug. Happened to me once, but has been fine since.

revenent

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
I'm having the opposite. Half my screen will go landscape and won't go back to portrait View attachment 503912
Yes i have seen that screen before. Its an IOS bug. Not some zoom problem or rotation lock problem. Unless it is one of the apps causing a problem.....

Anyways it does not happen all the time. A frequent restart of the phone solve this

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
sometime i really think people in this forum think anyone but them are fools or dont read the entire post that they are answering to.

to make things clear:

ROTATIONLOCK IS NOT ENABLED

AND I DONT HAVE THE ZOOM VIEW ACTIVATED, IM USING THE STANDARD VIEW.

i guess its a ios 8.0 bug...

chrise2

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Have you checked rotation lock? :)

Anyway, I think rotation is just buggy in iOS 8. I don't quite have your problem. I don't have to do a full reset. Usually just putting it into standby and back kicks things into gear. Hopefully iOS 8.1 due out soon fixes this. And makes the phone bend less.

sometime i really think people in this forum think anyone but them are fools or dont read the entire post that they are answering to.

to make things clear:

ROTATIONLOCK IS NOT ENABLED

AND I DONT HAVE THE ZOOM VIEW ACTIVATED, IM USING THE STANDARD VIEW.

i guess its a ios 8.0 bug...

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
Similar issue, doesn't always rotate. I have to tilt it back and forth to get it to rotate. I have this issue on my 6+ with 8.0.2 and 8.1.

pscl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Similar issue, doesn't always rotate. I have to tilt it back and forth to get it to rotate. I have this issue on my 6+ with 8.0.2 and 8.1.
i just found out that sometimes the apps like mail, messages and safari will do landscape but if i go back to the home screen, landscape will not work.

strange.

dk206

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
London
i just found out that sometimes the apps like mail, messages and safari will do landscape but if i go back to the home screen, landscape will not work.

strange.
+1
Ive been having th is problem since purchase 5 days ago. Ive updated to 8.0.2 but still very very temperamental. Sometimes it just wont work and I have to restart the bloody phone.

iPhone 6+

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Yeah, pretty sure this is a bug which will hopefully be squashed with 8.1. I have had the same happen, or sometimes it will go to landscape and get stuck in that position too. One time, it even fully rotated so the top was stuck at the bottom of the phone. Reset always works however. Will have to wait to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.