6+ one handed questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by papashango9, Oct 10, 2014.

1. papashango9, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

papashango9 macrumors member

1) I noticed that safari web scrolling/vertical swiping seems slower, more swiping needed compared to my iphone 5. Did it seem like this for anyone else? Is there a way to make web scrolling more sensitive?

2) Do you think keyboards will come out that are pushed to one side of the screen to allow for easier one handed typing? I know on androids this is pretty standard. I dont think i will ever be a two hand typer! The "a" key is a bear to reach with the 6+, perfect with the 6.

3) Does it feel more secure in the hand with a case? Or is it more bulky? Demo seemed very slippery to me

These are my current hesitations with the 6+. I would like to go with the bigger screen but help me out apple! Agree/Disagree?

2. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Yup, I posted the same thread. I have this issue. There is no inertia in my scrolling. I can't flick scroll.

3. papashango9, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

papashango9 thread starter macrumors member

Inertia, thats it..

For these 2 reasons I am being tempted by the Note 4, which is easier to scroll web pages and has a one handed keyboard option built in. I really want 5.5"+ but if its going to be a pain to use one handed its hard for me to go 6+. Silly for apple to not account for this in their meticulous design. The 6+ is taller than the note4 yet a smaller screen....

4. papashango9 thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone say the App store will get a one handed keyboard in the next few months? cant be that hard to do right? Also annoyed that numbers above the keyboard arent a permanent display option on a 5.5" screen.

5. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Here you go. Works pretty well.

Blink Keyboard by Ethan Long Software
    https://appsto.re/us/-Tf_1.i

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've been surprised how I've adapted to the Plus size for one handed use. When I first got my phone I thought I wouldn't get far with one hand (insert jokes here) but I've found I use it one handed quite often.

:apple:

7. Scott1012 macrumors member

The "jokes" are to easy. It is low hanging fruit so I will spare the board the obvious!;)

8. papashango9 thread starter macrumors member

sweet thanks!! I may now be convinced to go 6+ !!! :D