iPhone 6+ orientation issue 8.3

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bendrumin, May 29, 2015.

1. bendrumin macrumors 6502

Has anyone else had an issue with landscape vs portrait orientation? My phone randomly gets stuck in landscape mode and won't fix itself until i restart. I know its not the device because this is a replacement in case it actually was faulty hardware.

2. JediAlejandro macrumors member

JediAlejandro

This has happened to me for a while, before 8.3. I find locking display forces it back to portrait and then unlock it again. Have you tried that?

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Wow it's sad they have butchered one of the main selling points of the plus.

4. Cozmosis macrumors member

Cozmosis

Yes, this is a HUGE issue right now. Even rotation lock doesn't prevent it from randomly waking in landscape. Fixes with reboot but it is terrible.

5. windywalks macrumors 6502

My 6 plus notoriously wakes up in landscape, then Springboard switches back to vertical orientation but all the apps that I launch afterwards start up in landscape and then turn around to vertical like they're supposed to given how I hold my phone. It's an extremely annoying issue.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Same here. Not the biggest PITA with this phone but they all add up don't they.

7. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

That's exactly what I see. Guess how I feel when people tell me tall tales about how Apple pays attention to details.

8. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Same here. Wakes in landscape often and occasionally has trouble when taking photos knowing my orientation. It used to be that I would pull the phone from my pocket, turn it on and it was upside down. Some point it stopped doing that but now instead wakes in landscape. I'm on the 8.4 beta so bad news if you were thinking the newer releases changed this behavior.

9. bendrumin thread starter macrumors 6502

10. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

I can honestly say that I've never experienced this with my 6+ in the 9 months I've been using it. Chances are very high that you have something corrupted with your iOS and/or backup that you've carried forward with each update. If you have not tried a restore to erase the phone, you need to do that (first with a reload of your backup in case that's not the issue, then if it persists restore with no backup).

11. bendrumin thread starter macrumors 6502

It can't just be my device since other people are having it. Just checked this morning and the bug is still open on the dev portal at least. I've also started fresh many times.

12. salacious macrumors 6502a

I also have it and only bought the phone the other day.. I suspect Hardware issue..

13. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

It's not very comforting to find out I'm not the only one with this issue. It happens on my iPad occasionally too...

Where's the 'Quality' in the 'Apple Quality User Experience'?