6 Plus battery usage apps never updates

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by hypno, Sep 23, 2014.

1. hypno macrumors regular

2 days in and my 6 plus still won't show app by app battery usage. Perpetually says 'battery information will be available after using iphone for a few Minutes'

Any ideas?

2. alexcinco27 macrumors newbie

My 6 plus says the same thing I've tried everything but no luck.

3. PMehta macrumors regular

Did you set it up as a new phone or restore from a backup?

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Interesting.

I restored mine from backup, charged it and it was working great. Been monitoring the usage for the last 2 days

5. hypno thread starter macrumors regular

Mine is setup as a new phone as I came over from Android. I am using an existing iCloud account though.

6. PMehta macrumors regular

It could just be one of the bugs with iOS 8 that's affecting only the iPhone 6/+. Maybe deleting the app and downloading it again could solve that?

7. hypno thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking about restoring the phone. I was actually hoping the upgrade to 8.0.1 might reset things. I don't think you can delete this app because it is actually part of settings in iOS 8. Part of the OS from what I can tell.

I'll probably just try a reset later when I have a moment.

8. PMehta macrumors regular

I meant deleting the apps that you wanted to monitor battery usage for, like Facebook, Whatsapp, etc and then see if they show up once you re-download them.

A restore will more than likely fix the issue if it's just specific to your phone but if it's a bug in iOS 8 then probably 8.0.2 will address the issue.

9. hypno thread starter macrumors regular

Well the issue is the list doesn't populate at all. Last 24 hours and Last 7 days the list has been 100% blank for me since I opened the phone on Sunday.

10. PMehta macrumors regular

A restore would probably sort this out if it's not a bug with iOS 8 itself in which case the 8.0.2 update will probably address this.

11. hypno thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update in case anyone else stumbles across this thread. I upgraded to 8.0.2 and that did not fix it. I then did an iCloud backup, completely reset the phone, and restored to that iCloud backup. Battery usage reporting is now working perfectly.