Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hypno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
2 days in and my 6 plus still won't show app by app battery usage. Perpetually says 'battery information will be available after using iphone for a few Minutes'

Any ideas?

PMehta

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
2 days in and my 6 plus still won't show app by app battery usage. Perpetually says 'battery information will be available after using iphone for a few Minutes'

Any ideas?

Did you set it up as a new phone or restore from a backup?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Interesting.

I restored mine from backup, charged it and it was working great. Been monitoring the usage for the last 2 days

PMehta

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Mine is setup as a new phone as I came over from Android. I am using an existing iCloud account though.

It could just be one of the bugs with iOS 8 that's affecting only the iPhone 6/+. Maybe deleting the app and downloading it again could solve that?

hypno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
It could just be one of the bugs with iOS 8 that's affecting only the iPhone 6/+. Maybe deleting the app and downloading it again could solve that?

I was thinking about restoring the phone. I was actually hoping the upgrade to 8.0.1 might reset things. I don't think you can delete this app because it is actually part of settings in iOS 8. Part of the OS from what I can tell.

I'll probably just try a reset later when I have a moment.

PMehta

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
I was thinking about restoring the phone. I was actually hoping the upgrade to 8.0.1 might reset things. I don't think you can delete this app because it is actually part of settings in iOS 8. Part of the OS from what I can tell.

I'll probably just try a reset later when I have a moment.

I meant deleting the apps that you wanted to monitor battery usage for, like Facebook, Whatsapp, etc and then see if they show up once you re-download them.

A restore will more than likely fix the issue if it's just specific to your phone but if it's a bug in iOS 8 then probably 8.0.2 will address the issue.

hypno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I meant deleting the apps that you wanted to monitor battery usage for, like Facebook, Whatsapp, etc and then see if they show up once you re-download them.

A restore will more than likely fix the issue if it's just specific to your phone but if it's a bug in iOS 8 then probably 8.0.2 will address the issue.

Well the issue is the list doesn't populate at all. Last 24 hours and Last 7 days the list has been 100% blank for me since I opened the phone on Sunday.

PMehta

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Well the issue is the list doesn't populate at all. Last 24 hours and Last 7 days the list has been 100% blank for me since I opened the phone on Sunday.

A restore would probably sort this out if it's not a bug with iOS 8 itself in which case the 8.0.2 update will probably address this.

hypno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Just an update in case anyone else stumbles across this thread. I upgraded to 8.0.2 and that did not fix it. I then did an iCloud backup, completely reset the phone, and restored to that iCloud backup. Battery usage reporting is now working perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.