6 Plus bend - fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Sep 1, 2015.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

After five months of ownership, and being in an Incipio dual layer case, I noticed today my 6 Plus has an ever so slight bend. Noticeable most when you face it screen down.

I don't know if Apple replaces them, but I can't really be bothered going through the hassle of trying to get it replaced. Was wondering if the Incipio Trestle case would fix it

http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone.../trestle-metal-bumper-case-iphone-6-plus.html

My thinking is that the rods would eventually knock out the kink... is it worth a shot or a waste of money?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You could likely bend the phone back to straight. The case, at best, would offer some protection against more bending. Sounds like the bend is so slight it is hardly worth the worry.

3. seble, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015

seble macrumors 6502a

Your thread doesn't seem to address the title, however yes. It is generally accepted that the 6s will address the problem of bending phones. At least for the majority of cases.

The new alloy of aluminium (7000 series) along with reinforcements in the old shell weak spots, i.e volume buttons, means the new phone should be a lot less likely to bend, which despite what anyone claims, was definitely a problem with current models.

Edit: my bad, you were just referring to the 6 series.

4. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Take it to Apple, if not try ironing it.

5. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Apple has the best warranty service. I don't think it'd be a hassle

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd look to get apple to replace it. I don't think there's any other solution that will work,

7. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

They should do it free of charge now it is a known thing, get the camera done while you're at it?

8. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

I bent it back. It's pretty much straight now, an ever so slight bend but only noticeable if you really inspect it.

I'd rather it not bend again, so that case should provide sufficient protection?