6 plus car mount (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by morty192, Sep 28, 2014.

1. morty192 macrumors regular

2. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    Check out the Kenu Airframe Plus. I had the normal Kenu vent mount for my 5/5s and it was perfect. Had the vent adjusted to allow a bit of air flow, so the phone never got too hot in winter, and perfectly cool in the summer.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe-plus

3. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

I tried the Airframe Plus with my IP6 Plus and it wasn't at all successful. The weight of the phone meant it was always angled downwards and when the car aux cable was plugged into the 3.5mm jack, the phone rested on the connector and the phone kept disconnecting from the output jack. I'm definitely staying with the Brodit, or Proclip if you're in the US, IMO they are worth the money as I've never found another mount as stable.

4. Godzirra macrumors 6502

Somewhere on Salisbury plain, and Apple, UK
    I hadn't even thought of the weight of the phone in the mount. Was it that bad? What about when it was in landscape?

I've always preferred the vent mounts, as i don't like anything on the dash or stuck to the windscreen.

Will have to rethink now.

5. Lyn2012 macrumors 6502

It may depend on how stiff your car vents are and their angle. Maybe wait for other people's experiences with the Plus. I didn't try it in landscape as I always use it in portrait, even when using as a sat nav. I also dislike suction and dashboard type of mounts but the Brodit or Proclip is usually available with several different mounting options for each car. Mine is sited partially over a vent but not actually attached to it. It is rock solid and the best mount I have found.