6 Plus Poor LTE AT&T signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xultar, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Anyone else having poor signal strength on their 6 Plus? I've only had 2 to 3 bars all day in the same areas I have 4 to 5 bars in 4g on my 4s & iPads. Side by side my 6 plus is always lower than my other 'i' devices.

2. nox5 macrumors 6502

3. Tribe macrumors newbie

I've experienced low signal strength on my AT&T iPhone 6 as well. At one of the malls that has an apple store I had NO SIGNAL. I asked some people who worked at the mall what was up and they all said that it was because there were so many phone activations and people switching networks.

So I guess I'm going to wait a week or 2 before I do anything else...

4. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the world of AT&T LTE, it's crap. And yes, I have a 5S on AT&T and a 6 on the way. If I get more than 3 bars I'm shocked. You can turn off LTE if you want. I do that at times.

5. buckeyeboy30 macrumors newbie

I have a better signal in my home then I did with my 5. Also my 5 had 3 bars at the AT&T store and when I left with the 6+ I had full bar.

6. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

You had full bars of Att at the art store? so did I when I did my trade-in. But he further I got from that store...things changed. That's when I noticed.

----------

Thanks I'm going to reset my 6 plus now. See if hat helps.

7. infam0uz macrumors regular

infam0uz

Im having some issues with the att signals. On launch day it was working fine till in the midafternoon to now it been very slow and it downloads apps very slow.

8. kevin738 macrumors member

I called the 800# and had them go through some stuff with me. I was having issues with LTE reception and my phone was also bouncing back and forth between LTE and 4G constantly while I was at work. Anyhow, 800# told me that they would put in the system for me to get a free SIM card. Went in tonight and had it replaced. Now signal strength seems to be much better. Strange. Will have to wait and see if I have the 4G and LTE issue tomorrow at work.

The girl at the ATT store told me that they were notified by ATT and Apple that there were a bunch of phones that went out with bad SIM cards and that they have replaced a lot of them. In fact, she said her husband had one that would completely drop signal all together and then come back. He got a new SIM and was fine.

Give it a try. Worth the try.

9. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I reset my device

It's still horrible.

LTE speeds 1.28 DL. 11.06 UL.

Ridiculous! Now I gotta find an Att store on the way home.
    Thanks for the info though.

10. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

11. arliu macrumors regular

12. colleyvillesoon macrumors member

Are you being throttled? Turns out that was my issue with slow LTE speeds on my grandfathered unlimited AT&T plan.

13. golfdude macrumors regular

Similar issue....I had to disable LTE voice/data to data only on my settings. I didn't troubleshoot any further than that, been fine since.

14. macbd macrumors regular

It may not be hardware, but software or AT&T's crappy network.

I'm still on my 5s and I've noticed the signal has been less over the last several weeks. I'm also on iOS 8, and was running iOS betas previously, which is why I think also it could be software related.

15. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I have a few att iPads on att network & they r all ok. Even sitting next to each other the iPhone 6+ performs slower on the Internet in the same sites.

----------

Hope only used a gig last month & only a gig this month.

16. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

Have you ever thought that they might be making network upgrades in your area. I've been really happy with the AT&T network, might be crappy in your specific area. You can use the AT&T app to let them know about bad coverage or slow data, I did this before and they actually upgraded the service in the area.

17. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I did the same to report trouble spots during the upgrades a couple of years back.

But as I said I have 3 att devices sitting next to my 6+ and the 6+ is the only one that is unusable. Furthermore I checked reception on my 40 mile commute and all the other devices are fine. 6+ was showing 1 or 2 bars when the others were showing 3, 4, & 5 bars.

18. wxman2003 Suspended

I read on this forum that AT&T sent out a new carrier FW and it was messing up LTE on the iPhone 6 models. Some were reloading the previous FW back on to their phones.

I am on verizon and i set my phone up to use field test mode so it shows actually strength not dots. Signal strength is not any stronger than what was on my 5S, but it doesn't drop it to 3G like the 5S did. At home i am always between -105 to -110 dBm.

Here is how you do it

http://osxdaily.com/2012/08/20/field-test-mode-iphone-signal-strength-numbers/

19. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I restored my 6 yesterday. A carrier update window popped up on my iMac but it is still 17.1 version, same as the 6+.

20. jaziCo macrumors regular

jaziCo

Xultar did you ever get this resolved.. I'm having the same exact issues since launch... though I would give it time to heal, but same story today...

Fyi.... I have tried all sorts of stuff, new sim, restore phone, reset network settings, reprovisioned data, at this point the only thing left is swapping out my phone.

I just want to know is my phone or ATT... and a combo of both