Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mstgkillr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I got my wife an iPhone 6 and I got the 6 Plus. Size wise the phones are a perfect fit. I'm 6'8" 320 lbs and have absolutely no issues using the 6 Plus one handed. Actually, the 6 is proportionaly bigger in her hand than the 6 Plus is in mine.

I'm having several odd problems. First, whenever I try to type in my username (mstgkillr) at various different website logins, the keyboard get stuck on the "t" and completely locks up and freezes Safari. The only way to proceed is double tapping the home button and swiping up to close Safari. My other issue is video playback. I'm having a very difficult time trying to watch any YouTube videos. The playback stutters and constantly freezes while my wife's 6 play the same video without issue.

I've tried power cycling the phone but is hasn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Try a manual reset (home + power button until you see the Apple logo).

If that doesn't help then try "Reset all settings" which is found under Settings > general > reset

Those things have seemed to be helping those with native app issues namely Safari and Messages.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Software restore in iTunes and, failing that, take it back and have it swapped for a new one.

You shouldn't be having to resolve these problems with a brand new device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.