6 Plus Scuff Marks On Screen

Tekzilla

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
Hi All,

I've had my 6 plus for almost 2 weeks now and today I noticed a few scuff marks on the glass and at the top of the phone itself on the aluminum.

I have dropped the phone a few times in its Spigen Case so I am guessing the lack of a lip on the spigen allowed the front and top to get lightly scuffed.

Is this a common problem? I dropped my 5 in its mophie probably a hundred times and never once did the screen scuff. Are these screens more open to damage?

Anything I can do to fix the scuff marks? It's not cracked, and I wouldn't call it a scratch since they are so little. Worst case I'll just ignore them and I guess finally put a protector on the screen.

munakib

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2011
On the Glass or Aluminium? If it's on the glass then you should have gotten a screen protector, Zagg glass is running fantastic on mine.

Hi All,

I've had my 6 plus for almost 2 weeks now and today I noticed a few scuff marks on the glass and at the top of the phone itself on the aluminum.

I have dropped the phone a few times in its Spigen Case so I am guessing the lack of a lip on the spigen allowed the front and top to get lightly scuffed.

Is this a common problem? I dropped my 5 in its mophie probably a hundred times and never once did the screen scuff. Are these screens more open to damage?

Anything I can do to fix the scuff marks? It's not cracked, and I wouldn't call it a scratch since they are so little. Worst case I'll just ignore them and I guess finally put a protector on the screen.

Tekzilla

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
Which one?

Zagg has like 4 different ones for the 6?

Is it worth it to splurge for the HDX? How in the world can a screen protector make it harder to shatter?

munakib

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2011
Zagg Glass, I don't think there are 4 versions of it :S
One thing to consider is that it does not cover edge to edge of the phone so there is a slight risk, but the quality is 5 star

Which one?

Zagg has like 4 different ones for the 6?

Is it worth it to splurge for the HDX? How in the world can a screen protector make it harder to shatter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.