6 Plus size...does it really get better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chraos, Sep 19, 2014.

1. chraos macrumors member

So this morning I picked up a 6 Plus Space Gray 64GB. I had decided on the Plus after making properly scaled cardboard mock-ups, but that still didn't prepare me for the shock of how big the Plus truly is. Don't get me wrong, I think this thing is INCREDIBLE. The extra 1.5 inches of 401ppi screen real-estate coupled with the landscape-optimized mode is just fantastic. I really want to stay with the Plus, but I keep imagining scenarios where I know it will be extremely difficult to carry (especially the gym). Is this something that I will get used to quickly? Can any previous owners of "phablet" sized devices weigh in? Im curious about those who were initially on the fence about the size but quickly adapted. I did buy mine via Apple so I do have 14 days to make that determination on my own, but its still nice to get input from others. I know there are tons of threads like this and I'm sorry for repeating, maybe I can narrow my question to: "What is your gym solution when using a 5.5" sized device?" I really hope I can adapt to the much larger size because the 6 Plus is a thing of beauty. On a side note, anyone else completely surprised by how big both these new phones are? Apple's marketing pictures don't give a clear indication because I thought that even the regular 6 seemed to be a huge step in size compared to the 5/5S.

Pic:

[​IMG]

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Use it as much as u can... Everyone will be jelly.

3. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

4. wthomas86 macrumors member

5. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Thanks for including a picture with your thread. Looks gorgeous!

I'd have to play with both sizes in person before I decide.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Buy an iPod Nano.

7. potaco macrumors regular

Don't go to the gym anymore? ;)

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Same situation here, how am I gonna use it while running/working out....well see.

9. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Spibelt works, also get a huge arm band holder, either will work. Or shorts with huge pockets, watch those dead lifts, 400+lbs resting against the phone in your pocket may damage it.

10. Kohkane macrumors 6502a

It's something I plan on figuring out whenever my phone eventually shows up :p

11. chraos thread starter macrumors member

12. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Flipbelt is great. Also has that slimming effect ;)

And yes, "it gets better."

13. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Best option I think for the gym is some bluetooth headphones or buds that are good working out. IE, Rocketfish, Jaybird, etc. And workout shorts with a decent pocket.

14. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Leave it in your locker and use a nano for workouts. That's what I do. I've seen too many accidents in the gym. I'd rather bang, drop or step on a $50-100 device than a $600+ device.

15. chraos thread starter macrumors member

This is another one that looks promising. I have never used arm-bands/waist-bands/holsters/etc before, always kept my phone in my pocket when lifting or in a cup holder when running. I think I will need to start picking up things like this and the FlipBelt to live with the 6 Plus.

16. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

when the seidio spring clip drops I'll be using that at the gym. till then not sure.

Actually may start brining a gym bag and just put it in there. Even better.

17. iOz macrumors regular

What are you a 14 year old girl?

18. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

My gyms tiny and usually not too awful crowded. I just often sit my phone on the ground next to whatever I'm using along with water and a notebook sometimes. Not had any problems.

I use to use the jump boxes for it but gym owner stuck a sign that said they weren't for storage like a week after I did it constantly hahaa

19. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Flipbelt works well for the gym. A friend of mine has a Note that she throws in the Flipbelt. It's a little bit of a snug fit, but it works without issue.

I got my Plus via UPS this morning, and I'm definitely getting used to it. Gonna have to keep putting it to real life use to see if there are any limitations I can't get over.

I did go grocery shopping with my wife today and noticed that I needed to use two hands to look at my phone while I pushed the cart with my forearms while hunched over.

20. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Well I did not return my Note 3 within 14 days so I did get use to the size but after two months I sold it. So I guess it got worse! :)

21. chraos thread starter macrumors member

I'll look into Spibelt...oh yea, I just know I'm gonna be super paranoid when deadlifting from now on. Arm band holder is gonna be an absolute necessity, even for peace of mind if nothing else.

22. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Word. And McDonald's has free wifi.

23. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Was just about to post the same link, lolol...

The gym is my ONLY concern with the Plus, but if it bothers me I'll just get this belt. Not letting 1 facet of my life change what phone I want. :D

:apple:

24. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

You probably still have that 5s right? Fill it with music and get a arm band case for it. It's lighter, smaller, and you're probably not going to use it anyway so it would work great for listening to music while running.

25. bwsteg macrumors 6502