6 Plus stock in Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeNemat, Sep 18, 2014.

1. MikeNemat macrumors regular

A few of us here queued up at an Apple Store in Canada are wondering how many 6 Plus models were sold by Apple Stores in Australia? Only certain capacities and colours? Any info would help!!

We can't get any info whatsoever out of the employees, and the idea of waiting here 12 hours to come home empty handed isn't very appealing :(

2. n0d3 macrumors regular

I quote:

Source: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2312051&p=11

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Unless you are first 5 in line, it looks like you should go home.

4. MikeNemat thread starter macrumors regular

I'm #5 :)

5. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Where are you in line? ETA: nvm, just saw your post.

If you aren't picky with color, you have a shot I'd say.

6. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Also waited 16 hours, was 110th - pushed back to about 150th by scalpers - all pluses sold to approx. first group of 40 customers (scalpers).

It took over an hour to get to the registration process where we were told the plus was sold out. There was around 500-600 people behind us that had no idea of stock shortages and most people you overheard talking about purchases wanted the plus.

If you are 30th+ in line, don't wait around to find out - when they start registering go up to the front of the line and ask if stock is still available.

7. cosminnn93 macrumors member

8. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

Someone who buys something first at the advertised price in order to resell it for a higher price.

9. n0d3 macrumors regular

People who buy solely for the purpose of resale.

10. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Are the people in front of you getting a plus?

11. wxnats macrumors 6502a

How did scalpers push you back? Did they cut in line?

12. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

The main guy laid out 30 seats when I arrived and then sold them off at $50 each to people who would purchase one or two iPhones for him, there was a network of at least 30-40 people, all Asian. He was then giving them gift cards as payment and when registration began he would get word from earlier on in the line and update his clan of what to buy (namely all 128GB models in Silver, then Space Grey) first he told them to get pluses, then when they sold out to the first group of about 40 he changed it to 6's, 128GB of whatever they could get.

When I first got there and questioned the 30 empty seats he said they were for his 'friends', then random Asians started sitting down, they didn't appear to know each other, or were pairs that didn't interact with others in the group of 'friends'. When he directed a young Australian guy to sit in front of me I asked (pissed off) if he bought his way in, he said he did, $50.. I alerted security, the Aussie guy denied - then it happened again with another 5 young Australians, again alerted security.. they threw the main guy out (seemed to be 3-4 operating it) but he was back again at 5:30am, sneaking off with people (obviously to accept payment away from security cameras) and bringing them back 5 minutes later into the clan.

Security were powerless, they said they had no footage of money being exchanged and they basically couldn't do anything even though 5 people had reported seeing him exchange money. They should have thrown the lot of them out. But really Apple should have been numbering the line prior to closing at 9pm.

The operation was at its most obvious during registration when the people buying the phones for him were unsure of what colour to get and would run over to him asking what he wanted.

It was extremely disappointing to watch for 16 hours.

13. mackingit macrumors member

In the USA this wouldn't happen. One asian holding 30 seats?? even bruce lee wouldn't get away with that on iPhone release day.

You aussies were way too soft on those commies

14. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Wow :eek: I hope their "shipment" gets seized by customs or lost in transit when shipping them to wherever they're going :mad:

15. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Wow, I feel really bad for you. That totally sucks. They all should have been thrown out.

16. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

That is such garbage. Sorry to hear this happens.

17. jeblis macrumors regular

From ifixit:

"Our teardown team was #53 in line, and the Apple Store only had 40 iPhone 6 Plus models in stock."

18. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Wow what a horrible experience. It's why I don't wait in line on launch day. Not worth fighting someone over a phone..